Showers

newmercman:
If you want an accurate view on them there’s only one way to do it, go & try a few for yourself, after all a good journo doesn’t rely on hearsay :wink:

But isn’t he risking a thick ear mincing around in drivers showers with a waterproof camera and a little notepad :laughing:

Quite likely to come out with a tripod inserted in a special place :stuck_out_tongue:

Ha! Yes, thanks WheelNut. When i took on the commission i realised i might be inviting some sarcastic comments. Thanks very much for all your comments. If i can find the time then i shall try out the showers at my nearest truckstop. The piece was inspired by a driver contacting T&D furious about the showers he had to use.

Truckwriter:
Ha! Yes, thanks WheelNut. When i took on the commission i realised i might be inviting some sarcastic comments. Thanks very much for all your comments. If i can find the time then i shall try out the showers at my nearest truckstop. The piece was inspired by a driver contacting T&D furious about the showers he had to use.

Then maybe they should get the driver to write it , How can you write the article based on what we say unless it is an article about what we think about the state of services ? if you are going to write an honest and truthfull account you need to make the time not , if you can find the time ! what a joke, getting the drivers to give you an opinion !

The answer is, as ever ,there are good and bad but mostly bad than good

Truckwriter:

Just make 45 minutes of your valuable time available, have a shower, grab a cup of tepid anemic coffee and a sweaty sandwich, get some more cash out of machine that charges a ridiculous amount to withdraw your own money, then make an important phone call to the bank or some Indian call centre. After all we have to do all that in 45 minutes! :stuck_out_tongue:

Mr B:
i was having a ■■■■ at lymm the other day day and thought these showers are disgusting :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hmmm… were you ■■■■■■■ in the shower or having a peek into the showers ■■?
I think there are laws on both of the above :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Koop:
Bailen, best showers in world!

If you are referring to the BP at Guarroman on the A4 just before the Cordoba - Granada split, I once posted on here that they were the best in Europe.

Unfortunately the truckstop closed down last year, or maybe it has reopened.

Think it is the Andoiam truck stop at Bailen.They have internet access and open 24/7,safe parking.There is another Andoiam on the dual carriegeway from San Sebastion to Vitoria,by Patinters depot a large Portuguese haulier.Think it is KM 234 on the Nationl 1.Basque country.Free showers if get fuel.

the best ones ive used in the uk are orwell crossing then closely followed by lockerbie t/stop both very clean and top notch

the worst leigh delamere by a mile,cold and its like standing under a leaking tap

birch services west bound are quite good,also the ones at the newish immingham truck stop till they put them up from £2 to £3, but dont repeat dont use the ones at tamworth, i was in there last week they must be the worst in the country.

squarepeg:
If you are referring to the BP at Guarroman

Yeah i am, closed? oh! not been down there for a while.

squarepeg:

Koop:
Bailen, best showers in world!

If you are referring to the BP at Guarroman on the A4 just before the Cordoba - Granada split, I once posted on here that they were the best in Europe.

Unfortunately the truckstop closed down last year, or maybe it has reopened.

In answer to the original posters question re the quality of showers at Truckstops I should add that the ones at Guarroman had a number of shower rooms which consisted of a shower, WC, washbasin, mirror and a bench. These were cleaned every time after use and all for the sum of 2 Euros. Best I have ever come across by far.

wont use any showers at any msa, showers at jenkinsons penrith truckstop are ok, jct 38 m6 are pretty good, golden fleece j42 m6 will scald you if you not carefull but are usally spotless, ecclefechan are spotless and hot, on the a1 cedar lodge showers are ok, last time i went for a shower at purdy lodge some pig had taken a dump in 1 shower and the other shower didnt look much cleaner, wouldnt use the shower either at londonderry lodge and the same with the hollies

Having seen the state of the wash basins at the Hollies, i daren’t even imagine the showers.

Someone mentioned Jack’s Hill. Wonder if they’ve been done up. Used to stay there when driving on agency for Tesco MK about 5/6 years ago & they were disgusting.

Stockyard, Rotherham showers are very good.

Driveroneuk:
Having seen the state of the wash basins at the Hollies, i daren’t even imagine the showers.

Someone mentioned Jack’s Hill. Wonder if they’ve been done up. Used to stay there when driving on agency for Tesco MK about 5/6 years ago & they were disgusting.

Stockyard, Rotherham showers are very good.

yes when i use to stop at jacks hill there were disgusting :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Cherwell Valley…DISGUSTING!!! They are filthy and they stink. Tied to speak to the cleaner but he didn’t speak english and I can’t speak Latvian!!!
Northampton M1 Northbound…DISGUSTING, I even complained to the Head Office with no joy…The vast majority that I have used are disgusting and are a health hazard.

You MUST go and visit the services yourself, or you will not see how BAD the showers are, obviously not all but at least half a dozen, or you will not get a true and accurate story for your mag!!!

Something does need to be done about, not just showers but all the facilities for drivers, we are not all filthy dirty animals who crap in showers, some drivers are nearly human…

I agree, Orwell has fantastic showers. I believe they get cleaned after every use too. The whole truckstop is generally great too.10/10 Orwell!

went in Exeter MSA a couple of weeks back - 4 showers, 2 were out of order, 1 had a door missing and the other one was covered in black mould :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Bridgwater MSA showers have been out of order for ages

Severn View have refurbished theirs though ( was there about a month ago) very nice too !

Cullompton is good too - only one shower but always clean

Lankytim:
I agree, Orwell has fantastic showers. I believe they get cleaned after every use too. The whole truckstop is generally great too.10/10 Orwell!

its just slightly out of the way though.

I can’t believe no one has mentioned the unmentionable shower STRENCHAM N/bound ONE Shower for how many Trucks :imp: :smiling_imp:
Always rank and stink.

Orwell is miles the best and Jct26 M25 are brand new,I will never use South mimms again(if i can help it)

Shower taps that only stay on for 3 seconds,some tied wuth baler twine so you can wash the suds off,without it turning off.Once had a shower from the sprinkler system at an overseas factory,security turned it off halfway through the rinse cycle leaving me standing in my shorts soaped up.