Trampers where do YOU get showered?

simple question really I want to know what sort of places i can go to have a shower. up until now ive been in truckstops and yards of ours. but want to know for the future

All MSA’s have them but some are better than others,but they are free :wink:

Service areas, customers premises, truck stops, ferries, public swimming pools, sports centres, the options are many.

I tramp for Stobart (spit now guys) and in the main get a shower at a Tesco DC or one of the Stobart yards - Crick, Appleton etc.

I’d rather stay dirty than shower in an M.S.A.

This time of year I use one of these
cgi.ebay.co.uk/20L-CAMPING-SOLAR … 3a5cea4977
Mind find a quite layby or as I’m on bulk at minute the corner of a farm yard and hang it from the side or inside the trailor and away you go squeaky clean n georgous :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

thats brilliant, i tend to use customers facilities when i can

some women do it for free spanky told me :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

msa’s truckstops some cafes like white star at liverpool and if you are regular around some town local businesses will let you use theres for a small amount. Falling that keep a pack of baby wipes in just incase :laughing: .

I never thought of swimming baths or leisure centres. Unlike you oldies I never had to pay to clean at the local swimming baths for warm water :smiley:
Is it ok though? I mean or these places happy with a dirty trucker walking in with a wash bag and asking to use the facilities, what do you pay? Interesting thought.

Get flip flops, made from 100% washable something (nothing fabric that will absorb!)

If you go to Lymm (Poplar 2000), where the showers are half decent from a hygiene perspective…

Make sure you have your “2 minute combat shower” routine down pat. I imagine this probably applies anywhere you have to pay for a token, but I felt a little ripped off to pay £1 and then have to rush. I’m not one for hours in the shower, but 5 good minutes wouldn’t be a lot to ask.

You will be massively amused when you are head to toe in shampoo ready for the all important rinse off and the water cuts out. I swear they must have a camera in there, for some security guard to amuse himself with the water controls.

Happened to me again the following night, I used a different cubicle and the duration was even shorter this time. I didn’t have a stopwatch, but they do not give you long. :blush:

I shower once a month even if I don’t need it…

Must admit when I have a shower at a truckstop , msa , well anywere but home I wear flipflops and have done for years because you just don’t know who been in there before you :frowning: :frowning:

didn’t know msa’s had them thats handy to know i might actually park in one now rather than get back to the yard (parking gets paid for. :smiley: )

CRISPY:
Must admit when I have a shower at a truckstop , msa , well anywere but home I wear flipflops and have done for years because you just don’t know who been in there before you :frowning: :frowning:

Ditto :wink:

and for the ones with the push button(most msa’s)get yourself some cable ties so the flow is constant if you know what i mean :wink:

CRISPY:

i know who has been there before me, usually someone in flip flops rubbing all their crap all over the floor surfaces.

TruckingHell:
I tramp for Stobart (spit now guys) and in the main get a shower at a Tesco DC or one of the Stobart yards - Crick, Appleton etc.

I’d rather stay dirty than shower in an M.S.A.

Which suits some of us just fine not having to share with a Stobarts driver !!! :smiley:

WildGoose:
Make sure you have your “2 minute combat shower” routine down pat. I imagine this probably applies anywhere you have to pay for a token, but I felt a little ripped off to pay £1 and then have to rush. I’m not one for hours in the shower, but 5 good minutes wouldn’t be a lot to ask.

You will be massively amused when you are head to toe in shampoo ready for the all important rinse off and the water cuts out. I swear they must have a camera in there, for some security guard to amuse himself with the water controls.

Happened to me again the following night, I used a different cubicle and the duration was even shorter this time. I didn’t have a stopwatch, but they do not give you long. :blush:

Stops drivers to play with their “little Johnny” and make the floor slippery, shower and the rest can be done later :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

CRISPY:
This time of year I use one of these
cgi.ebay.co.uk/20L-CAMPING-SOLAR … 3a5cea4977
Mind find a quite layby or as I’m on bulk at minute the corner of a farm yard and hang it from the side or inside the trailor and away you go squeaky clean n georgous :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Those are fine until you find yourself on a double decker bus route :laughing: it happens a lot to tipper drivers :stuck_out_tongue:

Try to avoid showers,
no not a manky sod,
just got into the habit when i was in a cab for 3 months at a time ,

a basin and water,

feel dirtier if i have to use communal showers.
after i come out ,

not exactly clean are they?

I was in the shower in Germany nr Frankfurt. Locked the door etc…Just as I was “Soaping the gent veg”. In walks the old cleaning hag from hell. Takes one look at Old Shorty…Shrugs her shoulders and walks back out! I ask ya!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Certainly helps if you main contract has shower facilities, I’m in Celcon every other day so I can nip in for a shower while waiting in the que to load or having my break :smiley: