Showers in services

once again I ask truck and driver to highlight the shocking/poor state of the showers in the uk motorway services and truck stops.for example the showers on the north bound southwaite never seem to be working moto the ones on the south side at Lancaster 1 hasn’t been working for months, and the other has sign on it and says if water is to hot use the north side dated last month.gretna has had only 1 shower working for weeks as well. cant you get intouch with these places owners and ask them why it takes so long to fix them most mwsa charge on average at least £20 a night to park and any I stay in always seem to be full at least 4 nights a week, so make enough from us to pay for the up keep,yes I know drivers use and also abuse them but it cant be that hard to find local plumbers to keep on top of the repairs and up keep of them, again we get charged more than enough to park in the places with no real security ask the people who own and the people who manage these places if they would be happy to walk in and shower in these places, and would they be happy to pay or not come on truck and driver get in and about these places and name and shame them plz

I really hope that when you asked Truck And Driver, you put in some punctuation. I made it through the first three lines, then I gave up.

sayersy:
I really hope that when you asked Truck And Driver, you put in some punctuation. I made it through the first three lines, then I gave up.

sorry teacher :wink:

Its not about being teacher but to me it’s almost unreadable. You may have a really valid point but when things are written like this I just don’t read them.

I could read It without any problem.

redboxer850:
I could read It without any problem.

deleted

Those photos of the showers are terrible.Ask yourself,would you wash your dog in there.Answer: No.
Truck drivers are treated with no respect.
You would be safer to have a wash with a hose in the garage forecourt.
Stand there naked.Police are called,so what.
It is a human right to wash.

It’s not just the showers in these places that need changing, it’s the whole lot, Parking is overcharged at £20+ a pop, then if you have no cash with you and want to withdraw some from your bank account you get ripped off by £1.99 because most of the motorway services brought in these parasites cash zone http://www.cashzone.co.uk/solutions.aspx

Some motorway services are charging over £3.00 for a regular coffee (stafford N bound £3.15) being one Itr’s high time that these places where brought to book or closed down We should ve able to claim a refund from the rip off parking charge should the showers not work or be fit(cleaned) for purpose as it imo is breech of contract

either avoid them, or dont pay anyway, your not obliged to put up with crap showers, start the fight back.

If it was up to me i wouldn’t ever pay to park in any of them ■■■■■ holes they call services, but when your boss would rather you pay the £20+ parking fee than risk getting a £90.00 invoice for non payment , if i was the boss such junk mail would be filed under B for Bin

As for avoiding them, sometimes unfortunately there is just nowhere that you know of you can park for 9-11hrs that are both legal and reasonably safe to park nearby to where ever you are
The situation is even worse on a Friday or Saturday night in Kent as most if not all parking laybys,industrial estates even truck stops are all full mainly with our EE cousin’s parked for the weekend

The shower door looks like it has been shot by a machine gun, there are so many holes in it.Or is that mould and mildew.?
Be carefull of getting a respiratory disease in there.
Microbes and bacteria in the air while showering.
If you went on a cruise ship and your cabin shower was like that,would you complain or let them keep your money.?

I complained to moto last year and got the bog standard reply were looking into it(and doing nothing) I did get a £20 voucher off them but still no joy with the shower’s I told them to go and have a look at rugby truckstop as they clean them regularly and have proper controllable shower’ not 1 temperature hot or cold but as usual we the people who keep the country supplied don’t matter,dirty truck driver’s don’t need clean decent shower’s

I would go and ask for a cleaner to do a proper job, that’s a disgrace.

They need a lesson from the French

Over here we pay max of 2 euro for a shower, usually in a nice clean room, some are free. Free parking. Better road network. etc etc etc.

Dont all rush over and spoil it though !!!

SteveWalsh:
They need a lesson from the French

Over here we pay max of 2 euro for a shower, usually in a nice clean room, some are free. Free parking. Better road network. etc etc etc.

Dont all rush over and spoil it though !!!

That’s great, but there’s a massive downside…the French!

To me the problems are the drivers who pull in use the showers and go they ain’t paying for parking but expect a free shower.
If they all charged say £3 then if they were dirty we would have an argument.

tommy t:
It’s not just the showers in these places that need changing, it’s the whole lot, Parking is overcharged at £20+ a pop, then if you have no cash with you and want to withdraw some from your bank account you get ripped off by £1.99 because most of the motorway services brought in these parasites cash zone http://www.cashzone.co.uk/solutions.aspx

Still don`t understand WHY people use these machines. Just use your card in the shop or cafe. Simple.

Plus most shops give cashback these days.

tommy t:

Some motorway services are charging over £3.00 for a regular coffee (stafford N bound £3.15) being one Itr’s high time that these places where brought to book or closed down We should ve able to claim a refund from the rip off parking charge should the showers not work or be fit(cleaned) for purpose as it imo is breech of contract

why are they parasites?

neverhome73:
once again I ask truck and driver to highlight the shocking/poor state of the showers in the uk motorway services and truck stops.for example the showers on the north bound southwaite never seem to be working moto the ones on the south side at Lancaster 1 hasn’t been working for months, and the other has sign on it and says if water is to hot use the north side dated last month.gretna has had only 1 shower working for weeks as well. cant you get intouch with these places owners and ask them why it takes so long to fix them most mwsa charge on average at least £20 a night to park and any I stay in always seem to be full at least 4 nights a week, so make enough from us to pay for the up keep,yes I know drivers use and also abuse them but it cant be that hard to find local plumbers to keep on top of the repairs and up keep of them, again we get charged more than enough to park in the places with no real security ask the people who own and the people who manage these places if they would be happy to walk in and shower in these places, and would they be happy to pay or not come on truck and driver get in and about these places and name and shame them plz

Set up a facebook page. Please someone do it. I got lots of pics on ■■■■ showers.

Name and shame with pics is the only way these days.

I do remember the school girl who setup a facebook page about her school dinners.

sayersy:

tommy t:

why are they parasites?

■■