SHOWERS

im starting back on the road next week with longs of leeds, and i havent done nights out for 6 years so im a bit out of touch with things.

where is the best places to get a shower and brush up and do you have to pay and if so how much. :question:

before you all start i know its not the best paying job in the world buts its somewhere i know and im comfortable with. ive had quite a few problems lately and need something to drop onto that im happy with. all being well il be back onto the electrics again in the summerish but just now i need a familar job. also its one of the only jobs ive actually been happy in.

as il be on a bit of a budget il be self catering quite a lot but im looking forwards to trying the orwell truckstop and also the red moss that lucy recommended.

the showers are free at baldock services (extra), and clean.
and i presume the same at peterborough and cambridge services (also extra).
never park there overnight though. prices are to much.

dave:
the showers are free at baldock services (extra), and clean.
and i presume the same at peterborough and cambridge services (also extra).
never park there overnight though. prices are to much.

cheers dave, although i remember stopping at cambridge when it first opened and had a luke warm showers that my clothes got wet with the spray.

i dont pay parking myself its bloody extorinate.

Red Moss is closed in the morning,only open late on, but still recommended.
Comes with a nice view aswell.
Photobucket

jessicas dad:
im starting back on the road next week with longs of leeds, and i havent done nights out for 6 years so im a bit out of touch with things.

where is the best places to get a shower and brush up and do you have to pay and if so how much. :question:

before you all start i know its not the best paying job in the world buts its somewhere i know and im comfortable with. ive had quite a few problems lately and need something to drop onto that im happy with. all being well il be back onto the electrics again in the summerish but just now i need a familar job. also its one of the only jobs ive actually been happy in.

as il be on a bit of a budget il be self catering quite a lot but im looking forwards to trying the orwell truckstop and also the red moss that lucy recommended.

Good luck Alex its not all about money M8 :wink:

Alex you dont need to explain why your going to work anywhere. Youll always get those who knock jobs. The "i dont get out of bed for less than a grand a week in a superxlmega" brigade. Good Luck. I went into Orwell last week for the first time and although i thought it was a bit steep for food, the carvery i had was excellent. The place was immaculately clean and tidy, the shower i had (there are 14! not your usual 2 between 200+ drivers) was cleaned as soon as i came out. Id say its the best i`ve been into in england.

The best showers are…B.P at Bailen. And Ham in Belgium.

Spose this info is no good to you no?

thecoder0:
Good luck Alex its not all about money M8 :wink:

cheers dave. i know who you are on for :smiling_imp: so il keep an eye out for you.

JB:
Alex you dont need to explain why your going to work anywhere. Youll always get those who knock jobs. The "i dont get out of bed for less than a grand a week in a superxlmega" brigade. Good Luck. I went into Orwell last week for the first time and although i thought it was a bit steep for food, the carvery i had was excellent. The place was immaculately clean and tidy, the shower i had (there are 14! not your usual 2 between 200+ drivers) was cleaned as soon as i came out. Id say its the best i`ve been into in england.

cheers jon i know what the knockers on here are about as well. when i was at longs before i was always in and out of felixstowe for the reels of paper so i faniced trying orwell… but i’d better take the cash card. :laughing: :wink:

in fact here is a piccy of me loading paper at the southside in felixstowe.

Like its been said ,go for it cos if it pays the bill at the end of the week thats all that matters, i m in same boat,not a brill job or fancy unit but at the monent its paying my bills with some to save in bank so it’s ok for now.
Good luck with the job ,hope it works out for you.

good luck with the new job. The way the economy is any job is better than none.
The showers at penrith are clean and only £2 if you’re not stopping. Rugby tried to charge me £5 which i refused on principal.

Well done with the job J.D. I hope all go’s well for you. Make sure you give me a wave :sunglasses:

Mr B:
good luck with the new job. The way the economy is any job is better than none.
The showers at penrith are clean and only £2 if you’re not stopping.

yes cheers for that.

Rugby tried to charge me £5 which i refused on principal.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

MR VAIN:
Well done with the job J.D. I hope all go’s well for you. Make sure you give me a wave :sunglasses:

i was thinking about you :laughing: :laughing: and keeping an eye out for you. :laughing:

Well done JD,Hope it all goes well for you.
I was asked to go back on the tools a couple of weeks back. :open_mouth: Still thinking about it TBH for the only reason of missing my kids.
Dont think I could really unless the money was loads better,cause this is the easiest and best job I’ve ever had. :wink:

Severn View services are pretty good and free,you just have to leave your keys with the cashier.

I’ll keep my eye out for you,give me a wave too. :laughing:

I just wave at anyone in a truck whether I know em or not. :laughing: :laughing:

Koop:
The best showers are…B.P at Bailen. And Ham in Belgium.

Spose this info is no good to you no?

BP at Bailen without a doubt the BEST in the whole of Europe!!

jessicas dad:
im starting back on the road next week

It was only a matter of time mate!! :smiley:

Good luck with it. :wink:

I can’t help you with the showers thing 'cos I’m an Ogre and we don’t take showers :wink: , but I would like to wish you well with the new job.

I’ve had some probs myself recently and like you, I wanted a job that was well within my comfort zone…so I went back to the firm I used to work for after 7 years off the road.

I love it, and I’m very happy driving the car transporter again! Long hours though, and I’m not used to physical work anymore,…I’m knackered! But in a good way.

Good luck mate, don’t forget to wave at me (I work out of Cross Green, just down the road from Longs yard).

jessicas dad:
in fact here is a piccy of me loading paper at the southside in felixstowe.

I got a load like that when I was driving for Longs out of Ellesmere Port. Had to slam all on at J31 on M1 when some ■■■ pulled out of L1 onto the sliproad and half the reels shifted. There’s some bloody weight there.

How are you getting on with the complete lack of planning there appears to be? Was in at Longs last week and only ended up doing 6hrs on Wed and 8 on Thu with 3 of that being sat at the test center at Beverley.

well conor i start next tues with a day induction then out either tues afternoon or weds.

im quite looking forwards to being back on the road.

Good luck Alex, :smiley: i know you will love it mate. Im in the country until the start of June so will keep me eyes open for ya. Im getting an 06 Super Space nxt Friday, will have me blue Norfolk number plate in the window so keep em peeled mate!