Shop a foreigner!

Davey Driver:
At present Polish Workers along of course with many other EU countries expatriates are coming to work in the UK, but you have to wonder if thats because of the wages or is it because of the additional benefits such as free health care, free education and social security benefits etc?

I’ve never seen any that looked like they needed healthcare, well not immediatley anyway! most are already well educated and all of them work. I’m guessing because i’ve never been but they must struggle to live anywhere near the sort of standard of living thats near ours here.

Lets face it, Poland joined the EC but whats happened to the Minimum Wage Bill for them? surely if its legally implemented in the UK then ALL member states should be oblidged to comply, or is the minimum wage just a UK thing? if so then Europe should be implementing that to keep things fair throughout this so called economic community.

Just UK i think, but we’ve soon got another batch of eager Bulgarians coming just to keep a lid on wages rises and inflation!!!

Mike-C:

or is the minimum wage just a UK thing? .

Just UK i think, but we’ve soon got another batch of eager Bulgarians coming just to keep a lid on wages rises and inflation!!!

No, France has one too, probably about €10 now but Kerbut knows I think but I can’t be bothered to search for wherever he said so.

Cue BritPete, Keith and Delboy :wink:

Spain also has minimum wage legislation. On a quick calculation it’s around 9 Pounds per hour.

Spardo:
Cue BritPete, Keith and Delboy :wink:

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

David Miller:
Spain also has minimum wage legislation. On a quick calculation it’s around 9 Pounds per hour.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: Are you avin a bird bath■■?

I know of Waiters/Waitresses earning under 1000 euros a month for 6 days a week

P’raps they’re only working 5 hours a day :confused: :open_mouth: :smiley:

The minimum wage for Spain is 4.23 euro an hour :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

delboy98:

David Miller:

one thing u didnt say i see here is how much r they makeing in tip’s?

littlesteper:

delboy98:

David Miller:

one thing u didnt say i see here is how much r they makeing in tip’s?

Depends on where they work, the Spanish are not very generous on tips, if they tip at all :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I bet they tip quicker than Tesco though :laughing:

delboy98 You may well be right about waitresses but I know what the minimum wage is in our ‘gremio’ - because it varies from industry to industry - and I certainly know what I pay my drivers.