self employed

i want to take the plunge in a few months but i dont really know where to start. can anyone offer advice please?
taxes dont concern me. my other half knows about all that stuff but what about invoices, contracts, legal dos and donts etc etc etc
what i want is the freedom to choose my own rate of pay and work for anyone without facing a higher tax penalty

Surely commen sense would tell you this would,ve been better directed at the “Owner drivers forum”■■

Funny but the words “Commen sense” seems to pop up a lot when answering your threads Scanny …Go figure :wink:

Reef:
Surely commen sense would tell you this would,ve been better directed at the “Owner drivers forum”■■

My understanding is that Scanny is asking about becoming a self-employed ‘agency’ driver - not an owner driver.

Surely, the owner driver forum isn’t the place to ask?? Go figure!! :unamused: :unamused:

:wink:

BTW, ‘Pedant’, shouldn’t you be setting a good example to others, starting with spelling and grammar? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

marcustandy:

Reef:

My understanding is that Scanny is asking about becoming a self-employed ‘agency’ driver - not an owner driver.

Surely, the owner driver forum isn’t the place to ask?? Go figure!! :unamused: :unamused:

BTW, ‘Pedant’, shouldn’t you be setting a good example to others, starting with spelling and grammar??!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And of course you wouldnt find anyone self employed in the owner drivers forum would you :unamused:
What has being agency got to do with anything …Job specifics have no relavance to scannys question it is about being “Self Employed” and owner drivers would know more about that than anyone else
So who was being the pedant and who was using commen sense then eh??

Common and would’ve …There feel better now marcus :unamused:

Reef:
And of course you wouldnt find anyone self employed in the owner drivers forum would you :unamused:
What has being agency got to do with anything …Job specifics have no relavance to scannys question it is about being “Self Employed” and owner drivers would know more about that than anyone else
So who was being the pedant and who was using commen sense then eh??

D’oh spelt it wrong again then too Grrrrrrrrrr :imp: :blush: :smiley:

Reef:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Scanny, PM Conor as I’m fairly sure he has previously posted that he has/is done/doing the same thing.

Reef:

Funny but the words “Commen sense” seems to pop up a lot when answering your threads Scanny …Go figure :wink:

I dont know, some people just wait for the opportunity to have a go at someone. (unjustifiably)i might add :unamused:

bikemonkey:
I dont know, some people just wait for the opportunity to have a go at someone. (unjustifiably)i might add :unamused:

AGREED but he has been pretty slack in his pedantry of late so I guess his over compensation is only to be expected :sunglasses:

besides Scanny gives us enough ammo without making any up :laughing: :wink:

marcustandy:

Reef:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Scanny, PM Conor as I’m fairly sure he has previously posted that he has/is done/doing the same thing.

Apparently I don’t know my arse from my elbow according to those on Truckersworld, who’ve never actually done it, so I guess I’m the last person to ask.

Better off asking Bob down at the Rose & Crown. Even though he hasn’t done it and hasn’t got the faintest idea, he knows what’s what because the village idiot told him.

Not that I’m bitter or anything.

Richie

you have pm

marcustandy:

thats the conclusion i came up with. i dont want to buy a truck so i wouldnt be an O/D

To be honest you have very little say in money and hours etc. No night out money and to be honest you are treated the same as a normal employed driver without people keeping you in work. I tried this and went back to paye. It is only a viable prospect if you can get guarenteed work. I tried and failed with the reasoning that if I was paye and there was no work employers still have to pay you 40 hours a week so at least you are getting something. Good luck if you go ahead with it but think long and hard before you do.