Seddon/Deutz

Anyone know anything about this motor, I’ve just found a little book tucked away in a bedroom, first published in 1972 by the Olyslager Organisation. some good pictures, I’ll put some more up if anyone is interested.

Don’t know anything about the lorry sure someone will, If you have more photos put them on, I bet there will be plenty of interest.

The Motor Panels company made cabs for many manufacturers.

A small Scottish company called Argyle that built trucks between 1970 and 1973, utilised the same cab, again with a different front panel. The bottom of the grille has the Saltire built in. Another lorry was the Unipower Invader.

They almost made the cab for the Ford Transcontinental until someone decided the Berliet cab may be more suitable, it make you wonder the reception this one would have got in Europe.

This wasn’t a case of Magirus-Deutz using the Motor Panels cab similar to the Seddon but a joint venture by both companies that was short lived and came to very little, it explains in the short description about the vehicles use but doesn’t explain why the Deutz engine was put into the 13:4 Seddon. I’m sure I’ve read something on it in another book or article but can’t quite put my finger on it at the moment. Franky.

Wheel Nut:
The Motor Panels company made cabs for many manufacturers.

A small Scottish company called Argyle that built trucks between 1970 and 1973, utilised the same cab, again with a different front panel. The bottom of the grille has the Saltire built in. Another lorry was the Unipower Invader.

They almost made the cab for the Ford Transcontinental until someone decided the Berliet cab may be more suitable, it make you wonder the reception this one would have got in Europe.

That last pic looks like a Foden/Hino with a bit of Spanish Dodge thrown in !! :confused:

With regards to the Seddon/Deutz thing back in the late 60’s early 70’s my dad applied for a job with Seddon Diesels at the Woodstock Factory in Oldham. AFAIR it was for a demo/test driver for a new vehicle Seddon & Deutz where developing :open_mouth: :question:
Alas he didn’t get the job but I’m sure he went for a few interviews with them as I remember reading some of the bumf that he brought home with him from the times he had gone out for the day suited & booted.

BTW It was a long time ago and I was only 16 :exclamation: :exclamation: and I was more interested in girls, clubbing and enjoying meself :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;