Saw this and thought of us

Monday May 10, 03:04 PM

Farmers start fuel protests
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain faces a repeat of the nationwide protests that halted fuel deliveries in September 2000 unless the government acts to bring down petrol and diesel prices, according to militant farm group leader David Handley.

Handley, one of the organisers of a blockade of oil refineries and depots in 2000, said his Farmers for Action (FFA) group had begun a protest over rising fuel costs outside the offices of British oil major BP.

“We’ve already helped start a protest this morning at BP’s offices in Milton Keynes. It may be small and localised, but it’s a start,” Handley told Reuters on Monday

"We’re having intensive meetings with hauliers, members of the general public and motoring organisations around the country.

“Unless the government steps in and does something to stop this profiteering, I think you can safely say that action is going to happen,” Handley said.

World crude prices touched $40 a barrel on Friday, their highest since late 1990, on worries about the impact of Middle East violence on oil supply.

The average UK price of unleaded petrol climbed above 80 pence per litre last week, around the same level that triggered the demonstrations in 2000.

And I thought good for them

This just may be the chance to put in other gripes we all have with regards to our working conditions!!

The problem I see is

Farmers are only worried about the cost of Fuel

Bosses are only worried about the cost of Fuel

The Public are only worried about the cost of Fuel

Unions are only worried about the next OBE & Knighthood

So I guess were still on our own!(split right down the middle) :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

“Unless the government steps in and does something to stop this profiteering, I think you can safely say that action is going to happen,” Handley said.

Its the government that are tha main profiteers in fuel! What is it now, about 75% of the price is tax? Does he think the profiteers are the oil companies? who tho undoubtedly rich, pay for, refine, distribute and retail the bloody stuff on 25% of the gross, and on that they are rich beyond imagination! The government have 75% for no outlay, collected in and say its the oil companies/breweries, or whatever! they just take the ■■■■.

Mal.