Runing cost help please

would some one please help me, i need for a project at work to work out how much it would cost to run a hgv artic on one route.i would like some help on the caculation please.
the information i know is as follows

the route would be 280 miles a day
140 miles pulling a 20 foot container weighing 20 ton and the other 140 an empty 20 foot container
the unit we would use will do about 8.3 mpg when pulling loaded container
the cost of the unit to hire is £■■? a week
we would have to pay for tyres and damage to unit
trailer is £■■?
any help would be great
thanks

if we all new that we would all be rich :grimacing: :grimacing:

Too many variables really, but I would cost the tractor unit at £250-300 per week, tyre wear at £100 per month excluding punctures and a skeletal trailer at £50-£100 per week.

hello all im back again

i need to put it in a list like as follows

unit £350 a week
tyres £25 a week
trailer £80 a week
driver £500 a week
fuel £980 a week
what else ?
what else ?
what else ?

Insurance, £80-100 a week?

drivers wage
mobile phone for driver

i think you’ll struggle to get a trailer for £80 per week

shuttlespanker:
drivers wage

He said he had allowed £500 a week for the driver’s wages although I think £700 a week would be more like it when you look at the gross wage, the subsistence money and the employer’s N.I contribution.

Road tax, yard rent, r+m, breakdown cover, accountant, office staff (pro rata per truck) if big firm, depreciation, night out money, parking if on night out

For the record harry, £100 a month for tyres seems a bit low to me. A decent super single is a few hundred quid now, and you can only really fix a weekly price if all the tyres are new, as you might need 4 after a couple of months of trading with a second hand motor, but only have provision for 2

I’d be more comfortable with £130-150 a month, a couple of call outs can be pretty expensive

rental more like 400-450 including tyres scania etc might find one cheaper elsewhere
not sure on price of skelly but would of thought if only spot hire around 100 -120 week

insurance depends on no claims etc 90 to 160 per week

near on 12% employers ni contribution on top of wages plus dont forget to add in the 28 days holidays including bank holidays

mobile phone, truck parking cost of operator licence pro rata this eek fuel at 1.13 few weeks ago was 1.16

tolls dartford / severn etc

no tyre call out required if you carry spares.

limeyphil:
no tyre call out required if you carry spares.

You’d struggle to get built up spares on a 6 wheel unit and slider. Though I personally would have a couple of built up rims in the yard, with an airline on board to get out of trouble with punctures. But I have spent most of my time working for small operators so to me it seems second nature. But I know plenty of ods that don’t even own an airline, let alone a spare

wat truck does 8.3 mpg loaded i want one of them