running costs?

just thought because so many come on here basically asking the same question i.e “is it worth doing?” we could have a little poll on what people would consider average running costs based on one unit doing traction only, i’ve left out the purchase price of the unit simply because that could be any thing from 2k to 100k, for clarity all prices should be plus vat because you can’t do haulage unless your vat registered, everything else would come into play on any wagon doing any work. all based on one year on say a five year old unit thats in good nick, well shod and ready to roll doing an average of 1600 mile per week

o’center cost =
fully comp insurance =
GIT to a minimum of rha conditions =
RFL @44T =
tyres for one year =
maintainence =
fuel =

maybe we can come up with an average between us and use it as a guide?

That would be a good idea and then every time someone comes on asking, point them to this thread

All of the information required is readily available to anyone wishing to start up. All that is required is a little effort to find it all out. There are too many variables to make an average price list, with the exception of VED, which for 44 Tons is at the time of writting £1200.00 (6x2 with a Euro 2 or better) or £1850.00 (4x2 intermodal only).

without wanting to be a Killjoy, isnt this information available in the sticky

Unit/Trailer Operating Cost Tables 2006 ?

i was looking for diferent figures off of the lads on here as we all do different work, all carrying different weights etc, no doubt some pay more for fuel than others some more for their yard, generally people who come asking the questions don’t know exactly what they’ll be doing so a few figures from different types of work might be handy but if no ones bothered i can live with that.

kilometer charges
A THOUGHT as regards costs the GERMAN --maut costs at present
12.5cents but will rise to 13.4cents next year ,also the exact rate varies with
the type of engine fitted and a EURO-4 or 5 COSTS LESS THAN A EURO 2-3 motor,
AUSTRIA for the maut costs 0.27cents