Rumours??

There is a very big rumour going around our place at the moment that the owner of our green trucks (based in manchester) has been bought out by a company with the @ symbol in there name

Has anyone else got any ideas or news as to if this may be ligit, or just waiting room gossip??

Why not just say who the bloody firms are? :unamused:

trying to avoid finger pointing but simply, is inov@te buying fieldings

it was in last weeks Commercial Motor, :wink:

Innovate Logistics MD Pete Osbourne confirmed he is bidding to buy two more companies.
There are strong rumours that one of the firms is Stockport haulier RF Fielding

Hope they improve the turnaround times there then… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

according to this weeks comercial motor the sale depends on the traffic commisioners findings cuz apparently some of fieldings drivers have been a bit naughty when it comes to tachos.comercial motor says 43 drivers have commited tacho offences

Carl:
according to this weeks comercial motor the sale depends on the traffic commisioners findings cuz apparently some of fieldings drivers have been a bit naughty when it comes to tachos.comercial motor says 43 drivers have commited tacho offences

Surley you will just get 43 drivers running bent in INOVATE motors instead!!!

Tony b

tonyb…:

Carl:

Tony b

lmao

tonyb…:

Carl:

Tony b

it aint funny coz if you aint noticed ozzy don`t have a single yard in south yorkshire, possibly nowt to do with him being a bit naughty in the past. rumour is that the TC banned him from opperating in SY, all the yards are as close as possible, just over the county boundaries, but not in SY,
M1 J29, manton wood, and J38.

I doubt very much I`ll be working for him again after the incident with the busted fuel tank in hull before xmas, but thatsa another story

by all means fieldings aint the best on maintenance or drivers hours but i was under the inpression that osbourne was just as bad…

From the chat in the yard the lads that got caught bending the taco’s have more or less served there sentences .ie community service.

Maybe im moving from one cowboy to another

yeeehaaaaaa :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Can’t let this one go without my two penneth :unamused:

Rumour has it the Hanley’s were getting serious grief about Tacho infringements by the Driver’s just before being aquired by Innov@te. Not due to pressure to run bent but Driver’s not having sufficient breaks and running over the 4.5, etc.

Since Innovate took over they have tightened up alot on Tacho’s and operations and there are now weekly checks on Tacho’s with Driver’s being interviewed straight away about any infringments, written warning’s the lot.

In the year that I’ve been there I have no complaints about maintenance, if you defect it, it gets sorted.

Currently awaiting delivery of around 130 new FH12’s with i-shift, digital Tacho, vehicle monitors, the lot, replacing all the 124’s.

My view is that Innovate currently run a tight ship and do seem to be a reasonable outfit…I have no complaints. Suggest youtry PM’ing Highbridge Flyer for a no holds barred view, he’s on Tramping and been there longer than me.

We have an ex-Osbournes driver on for us, and apparently the only thing that was “bad” about it was the constant polishing if you had one of the show trucks (which he did).

I swapped wagons with him for the day once (after an MOT mix-up), and his was so shiny he’d had to put rubber matting on the dash to stop everything sliding off! :open_mouth:

why do people always jump to the conclusion that if a firm has had drivers commit tacho infringements then the owner of the firm is a cowboy?
the only person responsible for the taco being correct is the person sat behind the wheel not the bloke who’s paying their wages at the end of the week! :confused:

i agree, however when it is actively ecouraged that is different

Did somebody say they wanted a ‘no holds barred opinion??’ :laughing:

Innov@te have made a bid for Fieldings. We are led to belive thats as far as it has got. As CM has stated we at (hanleys) have tightened up on tachos. Nothing to serious but enough to put new procedures in to place. This was done before Ozzy wrote the cheque. So far I am led to belive that the rest of the empire is following our lead. As for maintanence, no problem. Again they are taking on procedures that Hanleys had allready put in to place.

There ya go. Thats what a couple of days off does for ya, not one censored word about Innov@te :smiling_imp: Ah well theres allways next week :wink: