Romantiek BVBA

I have to drive past Fleetwoods yard every day on my way to work, they run about 10 new FHs and the old 16. Richard (the boss ) is the only one whos allowed to drive it, its his pride and joy!!. I know him quite well.

Doesnt Harry Monk from here drive for them? Cant remember why I think that…im sure he mentioned it a long while ago, loading for Poland or somewhere!!

And yes…that truck is the dogs (zb)s, classic 80s, probably the best of the 80`s trucks.(IMHO)!! :smiley:

the F16 looks like it has got an FH air kit on it■■? I may be wrong ■■? but thats what it looks like to me :laughing: :laughing:

Not sure if anybody is long standing enough on here to remember this thread but take a look at this.

It’s always been one of my favourite liveries and I think it really suits the NG Scania.

(Posted a link because it’s not my image.)

Imgur

Paulson:
Not sure if anybody is long standing enough on here to remember this thread but take a look at this.

It’s always been one of my favourite liveries and I think it really suits the NG Scania.

(Posted a link because it’s not my image.)

UK NET TRANSPORT - UK22 NET - SCANIA 770S | Adsb1981 | Flickr

Remember the firm well, surprised Gary want to draw attention to his past :laughing:

I happened to browse Moody’s trucks for sale section this week and was interested to see that the remaining T-Cab which has formerly been decaying in Scotland in Riddell’s yard is now complete again and at the back of Moody’s yard. No idea what is happening with it but it looks like this truck is in the process of being revived.

Zoom in on the photo and you see it parked at the rear of the yard.

Paulson:
I happened to browse Moody’s trucks for sale section this week and was interested to see that the remaining T-Cab which has formerly been decaying in Scotland in Riddell’s yard is now complete again and at the back of Moody’s yard. No idea what is happening with it but it looks like this truck is in the process of being revived.

Zoom in on the photo and you see it parked at the rear of the yard.

Thought that T cab Scania would be too old to do up unless it’s going for export. That 730 scania really looks the business. I want it!!!

Agree, although it is probably quite low mileage having been impounded when fairly new. Nice to see it rescued from the scrapyard though.

Remembering Mr Banham and his merry men they be a big difference between recorded mileage and actual mileage :laughing:

bullitt:
Doesnt Harry Monk from here drive for them? Cant remember why I think that…im sure he mentioned it a long while ago, loading for Poland or somewhere!!

Yes he does, so I believe…hes got an FH

Lovemachine86:
the F16 looks like it has got an FH air kit on it■■? I may be wrong ■■? but thats what it looks like to me :laughing: :laughing:

I dont think its an FH kit , a genuine F16 Globetrotter kit, NeDu had the same setup

Blissy:
…the VOSA guy said " theyve had a good run but its now time for them to forget about getting back into transport because its not going to happen" [b

VOSA werent the only ones wanting them shut. About 5 or 6 years ago i was talking to a trading standards guy at Lowestoft docks, and he was saying that they would no longer visit their premises ( the ones that where behind taylor barnards at Mendlesham) without Police support, after a trading standards officer was subject to an assault there. Nice people :open_mouth:

This came up again this month, as VOSA have officially won their case against the firm (s) involved, and they won’t be getting their vehicles back.

The reason the ‘Romantiek’ livery started to disappear was because they weren’t being run by that company any more, but by various other firms registered in Belgium.

And yes, that decision does include that lovely Longline pictured overleaf. Not sure what VOSA do to the trucks at this point, maybe as somebody mentioned they have gone to the crusher… :open_mouth:

chorcheela:
This came up again this month, as VOSA have officially won their case against the firm (s) involved, and they won’t be getting their vehicles back.

The reason the ‘Romantiek’ livery started to disappear was because they weren’t being run by that company any more, but by various other firms registered in Belgium.

And yes, that decision does include that lovely Longline pictured overleaf. Not sure what VOSA do to the trucks at this point, maybe as somebody mentioned they have gone to the crusher… :open_mouth:

Truck in the picture is running very heavy, mudguards are on the ground, could be an air leak i suppose. But as i know someone who used to work there and regularly pick up 2x25ton boxes, id say it was heavy

kindle530:

chorcheela:

Truck in the picture is running very heavy, mudguards are on the ground, could be an air leak i suppose. But as i know someone who used to work there and regularly pick up 2x25ton boxes, id say it was heavy

Kindle,
The VOSA report says that one motor (maybe this one?) was weighed at Risby at 69 tonnes!!!

just a touch over the top then. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused:

Blissy:

kindle530:
I heard a whisper the other day that everything of theirs has been crushed…

…if thats true Kindle imagine squashing those Longlines …what a tragedy…they could have given one to me for Xmas :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

im off out to buy some paperclips, see if they have scania written on them…! :laughing:

That red & white Scania 620 pictured on the previous page has turned up again, now for sale at Humphreys, up the road in Diss. This was sold by MGCC (first pic) and whoever owned it didn’t have it for long. Anybody know who ran it, I guess they were from Diss area■■?

bloke out of Newbury was running it and he has Humphrey trying to sell it for him…£84000 is the asking price :open_mouth: :open_mouth: far to much