Romantiek BVBA

Blissy:
bloke out of Newbury was running it and he has Humphrey trying to sell it for him…£84000 is the asking price :open_mouth: :open_mouth: far to much

Maybe the fuel bills were too much? It’s only got about 85,000 on the clock, so it’s hardly run in. Mind you, it seems to have disappeared from the list so maybe somebody’s snapped it up!

How about some pics of your new motor, Blissy??

Blissy:
bloke out of Newbury was running it and he has Humphrey trying to sell it for him…£84000 is the asking price :open_mouth: :open_mouth: far to much

hes got that and an FH16 610 based at Humphreys yard, they run mayonaisse (or something similar) up to Scotland.

[

How about some pics of your new motor, Blissy??
[/quote]

yeah i will try and post some up next week…its still pretty standard at the moment though…been spending my money on diesel rather than stainless steel lately :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

kindle530 wrote:
I heard a whisper the other day that everything of theirs has been crushed…

Blissy wrote:
…if thats true Kindle imagine squashing those Longlines …what a tragedy…they could have given one to me for Xmas

It seems that the 7 tractor units and 9 trailers have been spared the crusher. But not for long■■?

I read in the press this week that an appeal against the VOSA impounding and subsequent refusal to return the units was heard last week in the High Court, and that it was thrown out.

It seems that this has become something of a test case for the cabotage laws in the UK, and I can’t see how they can continue to appeal after this, but who knows??

It seems that this has become something of a test case for the cabotage laws in the UK, and I can’t see how they can continue to appeal after this, but who knows??
[/quote]

I reckion he will keep on appealing till the bitter end Chorcheela although i dont know how many the high court would allow before they crush them…you would have thought they could charge him a high amount to give the vehicles back but i reckon they just want to finish him for good and send out a message on cabotage to any one else thinking of trying it on.

Change of subject…heres a few pics of the new one…2 mpg better than the V8

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Found this on the web t’other day and thought it was a good picture to add to the collection…

I’ve re sized it now.

It looks a bit squashed, is it a P cab?? :laughing: :laughing:

It looks like the the 7 trucks & 7 trailers that have been impounded for a couple of years are very soon going to meet their doom, be that the crusher :confused: or the auction. The latest report I’ve just read didn’t go into any further detail apart from reporting that the latest appeal has been rejected for breaching cabotage regs; and numerous other licensing fiddles. I’m sure Commercial Motor will have the latest write up to this ongoing case in tomorrows issue. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Euromat posted this one ages ago, one of these got confiscated too, and another is laid up near Dover in a pound used by HMRC. I think they had quite a few of these at one time.

I see that the blue and white longline and the black and gold longline are both for sale at the garage on the A140…no prices though

mgcc-group.biz/trucks/

The black and gold standard topliner is for sale at moody international in Grimsby for £51000

moodyinternational.co.uk/veh … tails/2087

Greg:
The black and gold standard topliner is for sale at moody international in Grimsby for £51000

moodyinternational.co.uk/veh … tails/2087

See this thread for more on the black & gold ones run by JFH:
http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23634

There are also 3 plain black R580’s also for sale there from the same yard at Routemaster. One (the one below) was run by Suffolk Traction Services / SG Tarrant.

Some pictures of Simon Boons old Longline yesterday at Gary Banhams yard.

It still has the green interior from when Mr Boon had it.

I have seen 3 ex Simon Boon toplines in the last 3 days. 2 R-series that are now irish registered on tuesday on the A14 and a 4-series pulling a McCann trailer heading south on the M1 at Leicester yesterday. Still look smart too.

This one now runs (minus the logos of course) for EC Containers who I think are based in Manningtree:

This one was one of the Belgian reg’d 580’s that were sourced from MGCC and which appears to be pulling a BVBA trailer.

I don’t know if he ever actually took delivery of the longline pictured above?

According to all accounts Mr Boon didn’t take delivery of the longline. Ordered it but ‘ceased’ trading before it arrived.

VALHALLA:
According to all accounts Mr Boon didn’t take delivery of the longline. Ordered it but ‘ceased’ trading before it arrived.

Hmmm, thought so, hence the alternative paint job, I assume that it was then going to be the second BVBA longline until they were taken out by Vosa in November 06.

The one I’ve seen running for E.C Containers is a 51 plate 4-Series.

Found these at the weekend…both for sale I think…raid that piggy bank :open_mouth:

Photobucket

Longline 1

Or maybe you would prefer this…keep your hard hat on at all times though :slight_smile:

Photobucket