shuttlespanker:
sorry to resurect an old thread, but this is a blast from the past :open_mouth:

trucks.autotrader.co.uk/used-tru … ab9b874bda

Not sure about the fuel capacity!

bullnose’s truck very much has a look of these about it - smart motor

shuttlespanker:

That must have been sat around for some time. Weren’t a few of their trucks impounded?.

Looks like it was top spec kit although those tanks look like they would require an ADR ticket on their own.

Cheers
Neilf

neilf:

shuttlespanker:

That must have been sat around for some time. Weren’t a few of their trucks impounded?.

Looks like it was top spec kit although those tanks look like they would require an ADR ticket on their own.

Cheers
Neilf

yep…and now they live in Scotland, slowly returning to nature!!! including the massive diesel tanks!!!

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Just had look through that flickr photo stream. Are all those Scanias slowly returning to nature in Ridell’s yard?. What a waste…

Aren’t they the crowd that bought a couple of Heros from Hollands customised Scanias?.
Cheers
Neilf

neilf:
Just had look through that flickr photo stream. Are all those Scanias slowly returning to nature in Ridell’s yard?. What a waste…

Aren’t they the crowd that bought a couple of Heros from Hollands customised Scanias?.
Cheers
Neilf

Yes, the Scanias are rotting away in northern Scotland. I contacted the chap who took the photos and he said they were bought for spares for Riddells’ fleet [they have a lot of Scanias including a T cab] - the only one that seems to be still running is R 534 KMV [the unliveried t cab in the first of the pictures] which was one of the last trucks Romantiek put on the road [with a UK registration]. At that time, the trucks were being stopped and impounded regularly on the A14, and they never got them back.

bit of light reading
ebookbrowse.com/2007-172-romanti … -d23775835

ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-Scania-R … 27cc44a6b7 look what’s for sale

Sorry to drag this up from the murky waters of the past…but at Ely on Monday morning I did a double take, as coming in the opposite direction was a brand new, 64-reg Scania 730, which looked somehow familiar - white cab, black grille, blue chassis, and Iberian Maritime Lines livery, pulling a blue splitter trailer and 2 containers, just like the old 4 series pictured on this thread. I was driving so couldn’t get a photo, but I’m sure one will appear before long. It’s an impressive looking motor.

The name on the side of the cab is ‘UK Net Transport’, who it appears are based in the mendlesham/Eye area…

Came across these few pics recently, off an old French site. So unaware of there age, and if Romantiek still operate them. My best bet would be that they have gone to France to fill with cheap diesel in the drawbars that have more fuel capacity then pump it into there other wagons :laughing:

Not sure who the black Volvo FH belongs to though, any thoughts of its owner :question:

Rob, I don’t know the age of those French snaps and i’m almost certain those 2 drawbar units are no longer on the road, but I could be wrong…here’s a blurry one I took last summer on the A14.

This next one was posted by Euromat in a different thread - a 400 scania - this is still on the road as I saw it on the M25 recently.

By the way, are you sure you’re not from Suffolk■■? :laughing: :laughing:

ps what is the address of the french site?

The Volvo belongs to this firm ( Fleetwood ) which was being discussed on another truck forum.

I have a friend in Harwich that has seen one of Romantieks t-cab drawbars around September/October last year, so who knows.

The link for the French site won’t work for me, i found the pictures from search engine and it linked to this site 205207.online.fr/cars/002%20Truc … 0Volvo.jpg

Found these pictures on Webshots of the 124 400, but none of the more interesting wagons they had/have got.

And these photos were taken by a friend in Belgium (near Lieven? i think)

Found this photo aswell on the site, defiantly a ex-BVBA motor. Remember seeing this near Skelmersdale about 2 years ago on my way to Truckfest Peterborough.

harry:

The Volvo belongs to this firm ( Fleetwood ) which was being discussed on another truck forum.

Harry, that is one well smart unit…, a left ■■■■■■ F16, definatly the dogs whats its…still prefer the old globbys over the XL,s any day.

Looking at the plate, would that be one of Peter Roffs old units?

:astonished: Looks like an old “Cheltenham Airways” motor by the plate

RDF = Ralph Davies

Rob,

I saw the last truck in your post, the ex-BVBA Scania, on the M1 near Nottingham before Xmas hauling a scruffy curtainsider. There was a post from years ago about a batch of them for sale at Roy Humphrey:

http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2420&highlight=bvba

Don’t think there running around anymore,didn’t the ministry finish them?

jase:
Don’t think there running around anymore,didn’t the ministry finish them?

The pride of the fleet is a V8 Longline Scania which has the same blue/white livery as the others but no signwriting. They are a Belgian regd company based in Lo-Reninge, although the owner is English.

now own a garage on the a140 where they sell trucks, not sure if they are still going as the same setup though, the ministry have done their best to clamp down on them