Romantiek BVBA

is it my eyesight or has that windscreen lettering been stuck on by a muppet :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Denis F:

is it my eyesight or has that windscreen lettering been stuck on by a muppet :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

not your eyesight, i had a pic in a thread of the same truck, guess they stuck it on inside while reading it to themselves!!

My guess would be that these 2 are stretched tractor unit chassis adapted to become drawbars? As I recall these were 580 V8s?

euromat:
now own a garage on the a140 where they sell trucks, not sure if they are still going as the same setup though, the ministry have done their best to clamp down on them

This should explain why they’re not on the road any more. Their yard still has a couple of motors parked up, but I don’t think we’ll be getting many more photos!

Reproduced from Roadtransport.com:

VOSA puts cabotage rules under test
10 May 2007
By Sally Nash

In what is being seen as a possible test case on cabotage rules, VOSA has stated that foreign operators cannot “carry out operations in Great Britain on a permanent basis”.

This was made clear at a hearing where Philip Brown, deputy traffic commissioner for the Eastern traffic area, refused to return seven impounded vehicles run by Belgian operators Romantiek Transport LO Transport and JB Trans and nine trailers operated by Gary Banham, trading as Mendlesham Group Car and Commercial.

Acting senior traffic examiner Alison Armitage told a hearing that she had been carrying out an investigation into illegal cabotage at Felixstowe Docks for the past 18 months.

The work carried out by JB Trans and LO Transport primarily took place in Britain and it was vehicles which were purportedly owned or used by JB Trans which were the subject of the majority of the impounding.

Evidence showed that VOSA’s advice to stop operating permanently in this country was not followed so the vehicles were impounded. Lawyer Christopher Hallsworth, for VOSA, said it was clear that the activities were not temporary and not lawful.

Brown said that at the time each vehicle was detained, the person using the vehicle did not hold an O-licence in Great Britain. The regulations make it clear that the exemption from the requirement to hold an O-licence will only apply if an “exempt” class of vehicle complies with the conditions relating to the temporary nature of cabotage.

If it is not, then it may be operating in breach of the Goods Vehicles (Licensing of Operators) Act 1995 and could be subject to VOSA’s powers to detain vehicles under rules introduced in 2001 allowing it to impound vehicles.

Denis F:

I thought it would be so you would know what was overtaking you when you looked in your mirror. :smiley: :smiley:

Finally found a pic of Romantieks Longline

robv8:

…and this is what the driver was living in behind the curtains…

Went past their yard yesterday, and though it’s no good at all for pics of the trucks (it’s set back from the road), I managed to get a shot showing the longline - plus another new R-series with no signwriting, plus in the middle, what I think might be an old Renault Premium?? I know they used to have some years ago…

Does this mean there back in business?

Looks like the new Scania is a wagon and drag, with a shorter air kit on.

robv8:

Rob, you must have good eyesight!! I couldn’t see the details, but it’s hooked up to something, looks to me like a red curtainside! :laughing:

The other pic shows the Renault more clearly, that one must be years old. The trailer though is an artic curtainsider.

chorcheela:

euromat:
now own a garage on the a140 where they sell trucks, not sure if they are still going as the same setup though, the ministry have done their best to clamp down on them

This should explain why they’re not on the road any more. Their yard still has a couple of motors parked up, but I don’t think we’ll be getting many more photos!

Reproduced from Roadtransport.com:

VOSA puts cabotage rules under test
10 May 2007
By Sally Nash

In what is being seen as a possible test case on cabotage rules, VOSA has stated that foreign operators cannot “carry out operations in Great Britain on a permanent basis”.

This was made clear at a hearing where Philip Brown, deputy traffic commissioner for the Eastern traffic area, refused to return seven impounded vehicles run by Belgian operators Romantiek Transport LO Transport and JB Trans and nine trailers operated by Gary Banham, trading as Mendlesham Group Car and Commercial.

Acting senior traffic examiner Alison Armitage told a hearing that she had been carrying out an investigation into illegal cabotage at Felixstowe Docks for the past 18 months.

The work carried out by JB Trans and LO Transport primarily took place in Britain and it was vehicles which were purportedly owned or used by JB Trans which were the subject of the majority of the impounding.

Evidence showed that VOSA’s advice to stop operating permanently in this country was not followed so the vehicles were impounded. Lawyer Christopher Hallsworth, for VOSA, said it was clear that the activities were not temporary and not lawful.

Brown said that at the time each vehicle was detained, the person using the vehicle did not hold an O-licence in Great Britain. The regulations make it clear that the exemption from the requirement to hold an O-licence will only apply if an “exempt” class of vehicle complies with the conditions relating to the temporary nature of cabotage.

If it is not, then it may be operating in breach of the Goods Vehicles (Licensing of Operators) Act 1995 and could be subject to VOSA’s powers to detain vehicles under rules introduced in 2001 allowing it to impound vehicles.

Ihave seen one of the longnose ones in the compound behind nagels in dover,its been there a while along with many other interesting lorries.

The red curtainsider is a 13.6 metre Schmitz euroliner mate.

robv8:

:confused: no its parked behind the red trailer

No what :question:

I didnt say it was coupled up to the trailer, i thought it was a wagon and drag parked behind, until i looked closer and saw the euroliner was blocking the air kit on the Scania so its proberly a tractor unit, which looks more like a 4 series than a new R series now.

Every time I pass the same 3 units are parked up. I dont think they can leave the yard, after they got most of the trucks and 9 trailers impounded earlier this year. So the longline isn’t putting on many KM’s at the moment!

had a look thru truck locator this week its a free truck sale mag and mendlesham comercials or somthing had the longline and 2 toplines for sale aswell as the metalic red and white ones from another topic were these red n white ones to be romantieks new motors as it said they were a cancelled order

Carl:
had a look thru truck locator this week its a free truck sale mag and mendlesham comercials or somthing had the longline and 2 toplines for sale aswell as the metalic red and white ones from another topic were these red n white ones to be romantieks new motors as it said they were a cancelled order

The red & white ones seem to be operated by somebody who pulls fridge trailers, don’t know who tho.

How much was the longline going for??

no prices on any of em mate ,

robv8:

Here are some more…for sale now if you like it!!!

chorcheela:

Carl:

The red & white ones seem to be operated by somebody who pulls fridge trailers, don’t know who tho.

How much was the longline going for??

The owner driver pulling fridges with the 580 you have seen is called Martin Bliss, he comes from Scole nr Diss, he bought it from Humphreys around 3 or 4 years ago. Humphreys also painted it red and white, just to cover up the distinctive blue, it went on the forecourt red and white. I doubt he has anything to do with the 2 new trucks for sale. Whenever i see him, he is pulling MRCT fridges.