Romanian Driver Attacked On the A1

thestar.co.uk/news/local/tru … _1_3764361

Sure hope they get those men that attacked this poor driver, who was just doing his job. Our thoughts and prayers are with him. :open_mouth: Liz

Poor sod ,hope he makes a good recovery.

While I sympathise with his plight, was he wise to chase four of them in darkness, and if he is still unconscious how did the police come by all the details?
Unless its an induced coma to allow his brain to recover.

Sadly even if they catch the thieving scum, The sentence handed down from the court will be derisory.
if you look in tsn october edition i have a letter regarding the sentence passed on a moron who set fire to a trailer while the driver was asleep in the cab. it didn’t even warrant a day in prison. I hope this driver is ok, but as far as justice is concerned, forget it.

raymundo:
While I sympathise with his plight, was he wise to chase four of them in darkness, and if he is still unconscious how did the police come by all the details?
Unless its an induced coma to allow his brain to recover.

I dare say a Rumo(or any other Eu driver ) would guard the derv with his life.
Not as if his boss would let him "top up "over here is it ?
Not a dig,hope hes ok.

poor sod hope he makes a full recovery and the [zb] involved get real justice, not the crap that passes for law in this country.

My thoughts are with the driver and his family ,who due to some
low life effluent scum has been so badly injured , This is not right that
and if the culprits, do get caught please oh please Judge lets have a sentence
which will show that this will not be tolerated what so ever , it happens else where
in Europe also so its time the Justice system took action

SCUM OF THE EARTH :imp: :imp: :imp:
the driver had some bottle to get out of his cab its a shame he did not have a gun

If he chased four diesel thieves into a darkened field, then he is as thick as every other Romanian I have ever met.

Perhaps he felt that he was a kindred spirit. Perhaps, as well as getting his own diesel back he sensed an opportunity to thieve a top-up from his fellow ■■■■■. :wink:

well some have been caught in some services of the A1 near peterborough. Got caught red handed :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

chicane:
poor sod hope he makes a full recovery and the [zb] involved get real justice, not the crap that passes for law in this country.

Come on, The Police want to bang them up for life but everyone knows that they will get a stupid sentance given to them

Now days you can get 4 years in prison for egging on violence. This sort of crime will get him a ■■■■■■■■ and a £30 meal ticket :smiley:

Harry Monk:
If he chased four diesel thieves into a darkened field, then he is as thick as every other Romanian I have ever met.
Perhaps he felt that he was a kindred spirit. Perhaps, as well as getting his own diesel back he sensed an opportunity to thieve a top-up from his fellow ■■■■■. :wink:

^^This^^

I’d just hope they leave you enough derv to get to the next garage.

Harry Monk:

Well, altough I am far from saying that all Romanians are stupid (I worked with some of them, and they were much smarter than their Scottish collegues), I don’t think it was wise to chase four guys…

I would just call the police and try to see as much as possible without being noticed…

orys:

Harry Monk:

Well, altough I am far from saying that all Romanians are stupid (I worked with some of them, and they were much smarter than their Scottish collegues), I don’t think it was wise to chase four guys…

I would just call the police and try to see as much as possible without being noticed…

Easier said than done Ory’s,when you see someone thieving from your load/tank its human nature to “have a go”

rocky 7:
Easier said than done Ory’s,when you see someone thieving from your load/tank its human nature to “have a go”

First of all: this is not MINE load or tank.

Second: even if it’s mine, for me my life is more valuable than my items.

I’ve been robbed once, the guys “asked” me for the mobile phone. I said “ok, let me just take my sim card out”, took it out and handed it to them. They were so surprised that they just told me to ■■■■ off, and I promptly followed that advice.

There was five of them, I was alone.

Next day I found that some people were robbed and bitten badly in the same place.

So they lost their things and their health, I lost my mobile.

Who came better out of this?

I would not confront them until I was at risk and I could not see any other chance to get away from it.

And in that situation I was as well - I picked up an hitchhiker who turned out to be agressive, I stopped, managed to hand over him to open the doors (I was in my car) and then kicked him out. But there was only two of us there…

You know, I had some neighbour when I used to live before. He had that nature of “having a go”, he never let anything alone, if he feeled like it, he was coming back finding ways of revenge and so on.

I never seen anyone with face bitten so badly so often, and I knew some boxers :slight_smile:

This attitude is rarely bringing anything good to anyone :wink:

Beaten.

rocky 7:

orys:

Harry Monk:

ERM…No it ain’t. It’s not my diesel. But it is my life. :unamused:

Writing on a computer saying what someone should do in this situation is very easy but when your in a situation all rational thinking goes out the window and you rely on your instinct.

Totally have respect for him having a go and hope he gets better soon.

Haven’t read the story but if he was an O/D it would make sense. When I was doing Rumo EU drivers were being robbed on a regular basis. One driver I knew got robbed from his cab while the attendant was filling up with diesel & the garage man just laughed so the driver whose wallet had just been nicked drove away without paying.
Just read the story ,what did he have to gain from chasing them ;probably thought there was a law against truck theft in UK. Touch them boys & Vanessa & the UN will be on Your a$s, pronto!

If i heardsomeone tampering with my truck i wounld just sit tight and phone the plod after its pretty useless being a dead hero