Rolling Roadblocks

Sat here in my caravan on the hard shoulder I’ve noticed for the second time today, and probably the eighth time this week South Yorkshires finest practising a rolling roadblock.

Now I understand the importance of the Police practising this sort of stuff in “real world” conditions but FFS it’s Friday afternoon on the A1 about 3 miles north of the roadworks. Do they not stop to consider the knock on effect of this? Do they really care?

As I write this it’s been about 15 minutes since they passed and STILL the traffic is not back to normal.

So any of you boys or girls heading North up the A1 who were held up for no apparent reason, you at least know now why you ran out of hours 30 mins from home.

Evening all.

the maoster:
Sat here in my caravan on the hard shoulder I’ve noticed for the second time today, and probably the eighth time this week South Yorkshires finest practising a rolling roadblock.

Now I understand the importance of the Police practising this sort of stuff in “real world” conditions but FFS it’s Friday afternoon on the A1 about 3 miles north of the roadworks. Do they not stop to consider the knock on effect of this? Do they really care?

As I write this it’s been about 15 minutes since they passed and STILL the traffic is not back to normal.

So any of you boys or girls heading North up the A1 who were held up for no apparent reason, you at least know now why you ran out of hours 30 mins from home.

Evening all.

They do that on government orders because if there is’nt a problem on the road then they have to manufacture one in order to prove the efficiency of every other form of transport over road.

Write on back of an anologue tacho,the time/date/details of incident and delay,state not possible to have a night out or 45 min break at side of a motorway.If VOSA stop you later,they can not do anything about it.If they want to check the database for incidents than jog and stroll on.

Phone them up and ask for the reason the block was put on - I’ll bet it’s a genuine reason for safety

ROG:
Phone them up and ask for the reason the block was put on - I’ll bet it’s a genuine reason for safety

Bollards!! Nowt to do with safety, as I stated they’re practising. I’m not sat in a queue wondering what’s going on, I’m sat monitoring cameras over a huge stretch of carriageway looking for breakdowns, and I can categorically state that in the area that they are "practising in there are no problems or incidents that would require Police intervention.

I’ll refer to my OP which said I understood the need to practise these techniques, but questioned the wisdom of the timing.

Ive seen them do this sort of thing it looked like a pursuit boxing in type of thing. I was going in the other direction so i only seen a glimpse but there was a fair build up of traffic behind them. Although for all i now it could have been a real chase :laughing:

merc0447:
Ive seen them do this sort of thing it looked like a pursuit boxing in type of thing. I was going in the other direction so i only seen a glimpse but there was a fair build up of traffic behind them. Although for all i now it could have been a real chase :laughing:

Keep watching Police Camera Action, you may see yourself on it! Go on admit it, we all look to see if we can see ourselves on telly, and also we bore our partners by shouting out which section of road is featured too. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:
I’ll refer to my OP which said I understood the need to practise these techniques, but questioned the wisdom of the timing.

If this was just a ‘practise’ then I agree with you but before I say that it was - I would check first. :slight_smile:

ROG:

the maoster:

If this was just a ‘practise’ then I agree with you but before I say that it was - I would check first. :slight_smile:

Yes I’m sure you would Rog, and I’m sure that you think “look left, look right, look left again” doesn’t go nearly far enough in the interests of safety.

I had the luxury of watching the whole dramatic “chase” unfold on camera, which only ended on the slip of the M18 with all marked and the unmarked car occupants congratulating themselves on another successful mission. I didn’t include that in my OP because I thought it irrelevant given the nature of the thread which was to highlight (in my opinion) the bad timing of the excercise.

I would like to add Rog that no children, animals or ethnic minorities had their safety in any way threatened during the making of this thread. :smiley:

been doing this all week on m5 taunton-exeter stretch pain in the backside sure icould find em something better to do

the maoster:
Sat here in my caravan on the hard shoulder .

:open_mouth:

i hope you carried out a self risk and elf + safe tea assessment before doing that .

It can be very risky and dangerous to remain in your vehicle whilst on the hard shoulder.

2 Bacon butties and a cheesebuger and 2 teas please - no sugar ta . :laughing: