Rikki!!!!!!!!!

We need to start an exchange program! Mike and I have been talking about going to the UK within the next few years for vacation. We’ve decide we’re invading YOUR HOUSE!!! :smiley:

So if anyone is coming to the states (we live a few miles outside of Kansas City) give me a shout. We have a nice comfy QUEEN-SIZE pillow top bed in our spare room, central air conditioning and cable tv. (and I am a fairly decent cook, right Rikki? :wink: )

Betsy

Hairbear, my only comments on this are

welcome, love to have you visit our shores but I’d leave it for a while as you’re not going to get much pound for your dollar at the mo, great idea for anyone over here to get over there as the exchange rate is incredible at the moment.

when you do come over just visit London for a day or two at most, it’s a rip off, everything costs twice as much as it does elsewhere, nice to see some of the sites but there is loads of history/sites/scenery and shopping elsewhere. My personal recommendations would be Hadrian’s wall, either the peak district or Lake district, Trafford centre for shopping, Cornwall ( god’s own country ), Plymouth if you are interested in links with your homeland as this is where the Pilgrim fathers made their final landfall before crossing the Atlantic ( they set sail from Boston Lincolnshire ) and Washington Tyne and Wear is the birthplace of your first Presidents ancestors although I don’t know what if anything is there that relates to the family.

Whatever happens have a great time when you do come. I’ve visited the US twice in the last 3 years and the wife and I had a ball, the holidays were both incredible.

Betsy…

You know you are always welcome in my house…unfortunately since your last visit Tommy has retired so I cannot guarantee a trip on a tugboat in company with a bunch of drunks like last time.

However, after speaking to she who must be listened to but must be ignored I am pleased to say in this one instance we are in agreement just let us know when you are arriving and the welcome mat will be cleaned ready.

Willy…Betsy is experienced in North eastern culture (the navigation Inn, Middlesbrough), however I am sure she, along with Mike, will be delighted to hear any suggestions for places to go and see outside the public bar of the Navigation. :grimacing: :wink:

It’s doubtful we’ll be visiting this year. I promised my Da that I would visit them for vacation this year. My Da and stepmom live in northern California. It’s been a while since I’ve been there so it will be fun.

I love Scotland. Most of my mother’s family is from Inverness and the surrounding area. Fit right in too. As long as I don’t open my yap. I have the most dreadful hillbilly accent. Last time I crossed the pond, the barkeep in Hartfordshire made me say bar-be-que 1000 x’s. :smiley:

TruckNet UK:
However, after speaking to she who must be listened to but must be ignored

I can’t let him get away with that…funny how he doesn’t ignore me when he wants something…!!! :open_mouth: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

See you both soon, Betsy…will look forward to it! :grimacing:

It’s doubtful we’ll be visiting this year. I promised my Da that I would visit them for vacation this year. My Da and stepmom live in northern California. It’s been a while since I’ve been there so it will be fun.

now let me see north cali or the boro…wheres me passport :laughing: :wink:

jon

Just make sure I’m in England when you come Hair, or I’ll just have to come visit in KS instead :wink:

You are welcome to come visit anytime. :sunglasses:

hairbear:
You are welcome to come visit anytime. :sunglasses:

Well you’ll be in for a mighty Shock when 37 of us turn up at once :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m happy to offer accomodation for a family of 3 for a couple of weeks, so the offers there for you Notice I’m being cautious as there are only 2 spare rooms :wink: :wink:

We’ll pack em’ in. :grimacing: Much better than paying all that $$$ for a crappy motel room and bad food. (And we buy our beef from our neighbors father… corn fed Kansas beef sans mad cow. :wink: )

Besides, we are built in entertainment…just ask Rikki.