Realistic Wage expectations..?

been at this 6 months (after long break) - working with an agency.

Have cleared 400 a couple of times, but they have been long weeks - 50hrs+

Mostly i have been averaging about 320/340 - but as with most agencies, work seems to be all or nothing…

Looking to move to full time if i can - what would be a ‘normal’ wage. Been doing days and nights, not had any nights out so far

uckna:
Looking to move to full time if i can - what would be a ‘normal’ wage. Been doing days and nights, not had any nights out so far

I think that would depend on your location, local job vacancies, demand in your sector, type of licence held as well as experience.

Wage expectations. Lets see, should be taking home around £1200 a week for 40 hours with no nights out, doing local work only, in a brand new 1000 bhp Scania topline longline t-cab brand new, with full sick pay and 35 days holiday a year.

At least thats what loads of my old pupils told me they were gonna get, once they had passed because their “mates” could get them on their place. I used to tell them if thats the case get me a job. Funny how I never heard off them again!!!1 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

bugcos:
Wage expectations. Lets see, should be taking home around £1200 a week for 40 hours with no nights out, doing local work only, in a brand new 1000 bhp Scania topline longline t-cab brand new, with full sick pay and 35 days holiday a year.

see if they can get me one as well. i’d leave the navy for that! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yeah, sorry, not enough detail - East Mids - Class 1(C+E) - had licence since 93 (but only worked HGV on and off over last 10 years)

Not expecting to make my fortune, just wondering what would be realistic

I am happy to do owt (within reason :slight_smile: ) - not had chance to do any nights out as yet - worked for some good firms, and some not so good - decent kit,not so decent kit - i am nothing, if not flexible…

try walkers crisps leicester

I would think the ‘Average’ take home would be about £370-450 somewhere around there. You will always find firms that pay more, and you will ALWAYS find drivers that earn loads more… :unamused:
There are plenty of jobs around, but don’t sell yourself short. Put up a good case for them to give you a job, then when it comes to the money question and they say ‘How much you want’ reply by asking ‘How much are you offering!!!
You might be surprised…even if it is a good offer always say well I was hoping for a bit more!!!
But you have to be good enough for them to want you. People will pay for quality, if that wasn’t the case we would all be driving around in Austin Allegros’!!!

Is this realistic enough??

Job Title: HGV CLASS 1 DRIVERS NPS/22230

Hours:…12 HOUR DAYS OVER 5/6 DAYS
Wage: …£160 - £210
Work Pattern:…Days , Evenings , Nights , Weekends
Employer:…Global Logistics 1972 Ltd
Employer:… Ref: Gamston22
Closing Date:…25/05/2008

Duration: …TEMPORARY ONLY

Description ;
You will be working with an established and respected 3rd Party Haulage operation based at GAMSTON. Your tasks will include delivering products and materials nationwide on curtain sided vehicles. The typical working day is a 12 hour shift, candidates should have a full driving licence with HGV 1 entitlement and no more than six points. You should also have 2 years experience. Digital Tachograph card an advantage.

You can apply for this job by telephoning 07795 183598 or 01427 619543 and asking for Collin Taylor.

from yell.com
Global Logistics 1972 Ltd
4, James Court, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire DN21 2FB
Tel: 01427 617478

peirre:

Description ;
You will be working with an established and respected 3rd Party Haulage operation based at GAMSTON. Your tasks will include delivering products and materials nationwide on curtain sided vehicles. The typical working day is a 12 hour shift, candidates should have a full driving licence with HGV 1 entitlement and no more than six points. You should also have 2 years experience. Digital Tachograph card an advantage.

You can’t do enough for a good boss :smiley:

Wheel Nut:

not at £3.50p/hr
£210 / 5 =£42 per day
£42 per day / 12hrs = £3.50p/hr

geesh haven`t they heard of the national minimum wage? :unamused:

peirre:

Wheel Nut:

not at £3.50p/hr
£210 / 5 =£42 per day
£42 per day / 12hrs = £3.50p/hr

geesh haven`t they heard of the national minimum wage? :unamused:

Obviously not, especially when the advert is being carried on a government department website.

Mind you the £3.50 per hour is the same as Matthews of Yarmouth are paying for tramping Europe according to a another post

peirre:

Description ;

You can apply for this job by telephoning 07795 183598 or 01427 619543 and asking for Collin Taylor.

from yell.com
Global Logistics 1972 Ltd
4, James Court, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire DN21 2FB
Tel: 01427 617478

phoned Collin Taylor.and he was not happy - the wage for this should be £10 per hour :exclamation: :exclamation: - the jobcentre are about to get a very heated phone call…

ROG:
phoned Collin Taylor.and he was not happy - the wage for this should be £10 per hour :exclamation: :exclamation: - the jobcentre are about to get a very heated phone call…

Nice one ROG.

up the revolution!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

thats not a bad wage really!

phoned Collin Taylor.and he was not happy - the wage for this should be £10 per hour

Thats a bit more like it Rog!!!

Still i’ll bet some fool would have taken the other wage if he was driving a blinged up poseur palace :unamused: