Re:Clocks going back

Hi All
I’ve seen a previous post on here regarding the clocks going back this Sunday at 2am,this might sound daft but what is the correct procedure if your out on the road at the time as I will be,do you wait till the end of your shift before changing the tacho clock? another point is I’ll be leaving at midnight and my booking in time is 3am which will be 2am officially do I climb into the bunk for an hour? or still deliver an hour earlier sounds stupid I know any answers.

Northamptonguy341:
Hi All
I’ve seen a previous post on here regarding the clocks going back this Sunday at 2am,this might sound daft but what is the correct procedure if your out on the road at the time as I will be,do you wait till the end of your shift before changing the tacho clock? another point is I’ll be leaving at midnight and my booking in time is 3am which will be 2am officially do I climb into the bunk for an hour? or still deliver an hour earlier sounds stupid I know any answers.

Change it at end of shift or beginning of new one, if analogue

Digital - leave it alone as it should be permanenlty on UTC

Is booking in time BST or GMT ?

Cheers Rog will check on the booking time when I start Sat night

Northamptonguy341:
Cheers Rog will check on the booking time when I start Sat night

If the booking time is BST then set off 1 hour later and still be on time or set off usual time and grab 1 hour of kip time near delivery point :bulb: :bulb:

Ask your company to confirm (in writing?) whether the delivery time is 0200 GMT or 0300 BST.

If they don’t know ask them to contact the receiving company to confirm.

If they do neither turn up at 0200 GMT (if poss). At least that way you’re there and if you’re told it’s 0300 you can climb on the bunk for an hour. :smiley:

Stan

The booking time is quoted as 0300.
Isn’t that automatically GMT as the clocks are shifted at 0100 BST?

206doorman:
The booking time is quoted as 0300.
Isn’t that automatically GMT as the clocks are shifted at 0100 BST?

It should be but we are talikng about transport planners and customers giving the driver the book in time !!

Sorry Rog, I forgot about the numpties! :smiley: