Random question about traffic cones

when cones are used to shut off a lane and the lights on the cones are set to go off one after each other in a nice seqence, does some poor person have to do this manually or are they all interlinked somehow? i’d be ■■■■■■ off if i’d just set 90 traffic cones to go off one after each other to see some where out of sequence :laughing: :laughing:

Think you’ll find there is either a small adult or a child under each cone and they press a button in sequence after the previous person shouts “GO”.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Actually I think theyre wired up like Xmas lights

The lamps have a sensor to get the seqence from the lamp in front.

Sorry guys, both wrong! This is where the gnomes in your garden go at night, they can be seen running up and down the roadworks flicking the lights on and off :laughing:

Martin:
Sorry guys, both wrong! This is where the gnomes in your garden go at night, they can be seen running up and down the roadworks flicking the lights on and off :laughing:

This ^ :sunglasses:

pig pen:

Interesting. Learnt something new today. I thought they were set manually by looking at the previous one. :confused:

Each light has a cable with a button at the other end which is held by one “worker” per light, so they just stand around pressing buttons, smoking ■■■■ and watching the world go past at 50 mph !!!

pig pen:

Yes they do.

My best mate is a site agent for a well known motorway working company, and I asked him the same question recently, and he gave me the same answer.

Sadly the gnomes held a walkout a while back, and they all got sacked as per David Camerons new workers right rule, so they had to look for new technology to do the job.

Ken.

parker-direct.com/traffic-ma … fault.aspx

£93 each!!! Jesus, for that price I’d buy the cheap ones and get someone to switch them on after each other…

toowise:
Think you’ll find there is either a small adult or a child under each cone and they press a button in sequence after the previous person shouts “GO”.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Actually I think theyre wired up like Xmas lights

is this what HATOs actually do? I always wondered.

They use these in France on the black and white Chevrons, so you just follow the flashing lights around a bend, they are very good in fog or rain

i like the new funky green ones.

a bit off topic i know but did anyone else see the scania TCAB highway agency mother ship on the M60 the other day ?
it had the usual crash barrier thingy on the back of it along with a multitude of lights and dangly bits .

but a scania TCAB ? i ask ya … :unamused:

bowser:
a bit off topic i know but did anyone else see the scania TCAB highway agency mother ship on the M60 the other day ?
it had the usual crash barrier thingy on the back of it along with a multitude of lights and dangly bits .

About all they’re useful for, ugly and out of proportioned Ikea junk :grimacing:

Big Joe:

bowser:

About all they’re useful for, ugly and out of proportioned Ikea junk :grimacing:

It is so they can look down their nose at you, like the HATO do :stuck_out_tongue:

the thing i like about the roadwork lights flashing in sequence is trying to keep up with them.

I wanna know how people manage to hit them at night but not in the day :confused: