Question for Stobbies drivers re: experience needed

Notice on Stobbarts website they have vacancies for Class 1 drivers in various places. Live near Goole depot (live in Hull).

Question for any Stobbarts drivers past or present. Do you need 2 years etc experience to drive for them? (No mention on website).
Only had Class 1 for 2 months so not sure if worth applying. Anyone got any advice please.

I had less than a years exp when I applied online and got the ā€œYou have passed the initial vetting process and meet the minimum required, watch this spaceā€¦ā€ letter.

apparently, the experience of being able to read road signs is not that important according to this thread

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58408&p=696417#p696417

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:
apparently, the experience of being able to read road signs is not that important according to this thread

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nowt to do with Stobart what a particular Driver gets up to on the A1 eh Shuttlespanker :grimacing:

As for Stobarts Keano1 No there is no 2 year experience requirment as far as i know but if not on their website then you should apply as they need drivers out at Goole from what iā€™ve heard :wink:
Obviously you will be out on assessment and tested on Tacho regs so study hard if you wanna get in there.

A mate of mine started on the tesco contract out of teesport and lasted 1 weekā€¦ :laughing: :laughing:

topboy, why was that?

It was because he never saw teesportā€¦he was put onto the general side of things and he hated it as he is a trunk driver at heart and when he asked about what had happened to him working on the tesco contract he was given an excuse so he said that was thatā€¦i think he should of given the job it a bit more time in truth,its a new contract so there will always be teething problems to sort out at the startā€¦and at the minuteā€¦a job is a jobā€¦i would rather do that then nothing.

they dont delve into your history to much because they have there own assessment, if you think you will be only pulling tesco stuff think again you will be hired as a stobbie driver which means you will pull anythink they ask you too but more than likely you will do majority tesco. but to be honest with you its best to have variety, tesco work get boring, stobbie probably gives most applicants a chance i no alot of drivers who have only worked there a few weeks and decided against it. its not the work its the planners that seems to be the problem, but if you want to gain your 2 years then stobbie would be a good choice, i worked there on a casual basis and am still on there books but i can choose whether i want to work or not, if your not working at the mo then its your chance to get your foot on the class 1 ladder

dustylfc:
they dont delve into your history to much because they have there own assessment, if you think you will be only pulling tesco stuff think again you will be hired as a stobbie driver which means you will pull anythink they ask you too but more than likely you will do majority tesco. but to be honest with you its best to have variety, tesco work get boring, stobbie probably gives most applicants a chance i no alot of drivers who have only worked there a few weeks and decided against it. its not the work its the planners that seems to be the problem, but if you want to gain your 2 years then stobbie would be a good choice, i worked there on a casual basis and am still on there books but i can choose whether i want to work or not, if your not working at the mo then its your chance to get your foot on the class 1 ladder

Worst part of the job are the planners but for them the job is a breeze

dessy:

dustylfc:

Worst part of the job are the planners but for them the job is a breeze

yes totally agree seems planners have to get arrogance training before passing out as a planner,

I wonder if the planners have their own forum were the offer help to each other in how to shaft drivers :smiley:

shuttlespanker:

aswell as not being able to drop a trailer properly