Question about Malcoms

I seen a malcolms today with a liveried walking floor trailer on a PX registration. On a PX registration are they buying units with stobarts like jenkinson and stobarts do? The trailer even looked like a stobart trailer except in was liveried up in malcoms colours.

And when did malcolms get into this bio caper seems everyone and their dug want a piece of the action?

merc0447:
I seen a malcolms today with a liveried walking floor trailer on a PX registration. On a PX registration are they buying units with stobarts like jenkinson and stobarts do? The trailer even looked like a stobart trailer except in was liveried up in malcoms colours.

And when did malcolms get into this bio caper seems everyone and their dug want a piece of the action?

It could be the leasing company that own them :wink:

from what i can gather its going to be a very juicy pie to get your fingers into. :wink:

merc0447:

The tractor units are ex AW Jenkinson who is now replacing his tractor unit fleet on a two yearly basis, some were PX registered from the Penrith depot and some were SF registered from Lockerbie, the walking floor trailers are made by Legras which were bought new by Malcolms. Malcolms aren’t into Biomass (yet!!) they are running recycled paper into UPM @ Shotton from Glasgow.

Why would W.H. Malcolm not be ale to buy units in carrying similar rgistration marks to stobart & Jenkinsons without them being bought together? Surely the number of vehicles he buys would mean they’d go through several dealerships anyway.

Malcolms sem to be into everything these days, if you go on their web site it’s very interesting to click through it & see just what they are involved in. I reently read about them having their own quarry to supply stone to their own constrauction sites throughout Scotland. I think they employ 1600 people so fair play to them, they must be doing something right.

BB

Am I correct in saying the PX denotes where the vehicle was regestered and not a Stobart ‘thing’?

PX reg is Carlisle
Klunk

Malcoms have bought a lot of used MAN’s off Wlater Carefoot these lorry’s have “P” registrations and some used Volvos ex Innovate have “Y” registrations.