Professional !

Lgv driving is becoming more and more demanding and the skills required are increasing with new legalisation .The cpc for drivers is further increasing drivers qualifications yet still the pay rates are standing sill and in some cases droping further whilst the cost of holding your licence has increased with you now having to take the cpc every 5 years at our own cost in most cases .i feel its time representative organizations started to do something positive on this subject the RHA as a representative body should lobbying to ensure there are basic guidlines for pay and conditons i.e sick pay and pentions as professional drivers i think we are worth it

Only supply and demand will change things.
When there are many more jobs than drivers, THEN, and only then are things likely to change.

Supply and demand you may be right but having just passed my class 1 i am very keen to find work driving class 1 but i wouldent even concider a job that offerd a wage that was an insult as i would then be contributing to the problem come on this is about self worth and untill we have some it will get worse

bjd:
Supply and demand you may be right but having just passed my class 1 i am very keen to find work driving class 1 but i wouldent even concider a job that offerd a wage that was an insult as i would then be contributing to the problem come on this is about self worth and untill we have some it will get worse

but dont you think that as you are inexperienced and still technically green around the ears that it is only fair you should have a lower wage then say someone of 20 years class 1 experience?? sometimes you have to take the rough with the smooth. personally i’d be gratefull for a chance on class 1. :cry:

i have 22 years comercial driving experience incuding drawbars in europe how much more experience do i need the lgv one is a permit to drive larger trucks when i passed it they didnt remove the section of my brain with 22 years experience !

bjd:
i have 22 years comercial driving experience incuding drawbars in europe how much more experience do i need the lgv one is a permit to drive larger trucks when i passed it they didnt remove the section of my brain with 22 years experience !

:confused: sorry mate my appologies, i thought you were a newbee. :blush: yes i can see where you are coming from now absolutly. sorry if i offended you. :blush:

no worries fella

Couldn’t agree more…unfortunately I think this is a sign of the times…I have 37 years experience and wouldn’t get the same wages as I did in 2002…fingers crossed things will improve :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The problem is once it starts going backwards it takesforever to move forward again i think we are our own worse enermys working for the rates they pay