Problems logging on recently?

We have had reports of people being unable to access the forums recently…

I can first say… this is nothing we have done- no-one has been blocked and no-one has been banned

Different internet providers use different routes through the internet, those using one major hub had a problem where they could not access various websites including us

The providers we know of that suffered this problem include

Tiscali
Talk Talk
Pipex
SKY
AOL
BT Internet

I realise it is annoying but there was very little we could do from our end. This was out of our control. We did have a few “frank” discussions" over this with the providers culminating in tonight our pointing out their own code of practice, and their failure to adhere to it.

Wether that made a difference who knows, but it does appear that at least some folks can get back onto the forums.

Those folks that called me/e-mailed me I hope found the suggestion of googling open DNS worked, I do apologise for the disruption but it was totally out of our hands and while we tried to get the ISP’s to
a) admit to a problem
b) Fix it
it was a situation that we had no control over

Re: Problem with the website ? Not loading.

Postby ainacs » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:20 pm
Hi I had same problems getting on today even went via Google search but no good!!!

tonight is first time in over a week that I have been able to access the website, had to perform a system restore to get here

The two major sporting events currently in progress may also be causing some problems, during the England world cup matches and some matches at Wimbledon the Internet is slowing to a standstill at times due to people watching at work! I had to visit a regional office of my bank yesterday and in the open plan office I could see 5 people watching football and 3 watching tennis on the office PC’s. (Am I so wrong in thinking they are supposed to be there to work!)
During the England match today I could not open many of my regular sites, and the ones that I could open took ages. When the match was over it was all back to normal.

My ISP have posted this message for the last week, along with times of major events that people may be streaming at work or home:

"Broadband Slow Speeds - Summer Period(New)
Partial
Start: Fri, 18/06/2010 15:15

End:
Update: Thu, 24/06/2010 08:00

Clear:
Please be aware that due to the high demand for streaming coverage of key events congestion at various points on the Internet as a whole is resulting in slow speeds for some users during peak viewing periods. Within Zen we have sufficient capacity on the core network, but have identified some access network links are saturating at peak times. Zen is actively monitoring its network to try and reduce the impact this is have on our customers."

Forums on other ISP’s suggest they are having the same problems.

I’m back on now but been off with the Vodafone dongle in truck for near two weeks as well as any wifi that was not secured, this connection is with BT broadband at home…I’m home :smiley: :smiley:

after being off line for over a week now & more the 8 hrs on the phone to Sky they have now made a temp repair to this & someone will call me back when fixed

they did eventually admit it was there prob

Alot lately when I click on the web address to get on the site it says it cannot be found, but when I use the oneunderneath, which is a direct link to the old lorries subject I can get on no problem(weird).Wrong!

For over two weeks using my Vodafone dongle I’ve not been able to get on. At first I thought that maybe Limeyphil had actually run amok with an AK47 and the site had been shut down! I still can’t access thru my pc but am borrowing a friends at the mo.

I ve got BT, no problem to log in

I use google and the last couple of days its getting even worse. No matter what I do all I keep getting is website cannot be found. This is the first time in 2 days ive got on and even now twice its lost the site while looking at things. Know it aint the site but all this so- called high speed broadband is total bollox. :imp: :imp:

Well this is the first time in over a fortnight that I.ve been able to log on using my pc.

Looks like I’ve got some serious reading to do!

WELCOME BACK, ITS BEEN 17/18 DAYS. I NEARLY STARTED TO WATCH TV AGAIN

Back on for me too! :smiley:

:smiley: back on board again, i couldnt fathom out the problem, i was unable to log-on couldnt use links or google, had a bit of a sulk, :frowning: but smiling now :smiley: :laughing: