TruckNet probs

Is it my [zb] computer or has there been problems accessing the forum recently? Seems to be in the evenings?

:question:

yea i been having problems too :frowning: :frowning: was not able to get on last night and a few nites ago :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

I couldn’t access Trucknet from last Thursday until Monday and tried via roadtransport.com/ Google and links from elsewhere, all to no avail.

All other sites I use were OK and I contacted mrs mix & Rikki to see if there was a problem. They checked things out for me and said all was fine, so I contacted Tiscali ( My ISP) who did the same and told me that Trucknet had blocked my ISP :unamused: :unamused: and it wasn’t anything to do with Tiscali :imp:
I went back to mrsmix & Rikki and they checked at all out again and found no problem ( Tiscali are liars!).
I asked someone else I know in IT and he solved the problem for me :smiley:
I will try and explain the but I’m not technical and maybe someonelse can do it better than me!

I was getting DNS Errors and apparently the signal goes via ‘hops’ and one of the ‘hops’ that Tiscali was using was broken. That was why it was just Trucknet and no other site for me.

I solved it by using OpenDNS (opendns.com/start/)

It looks complicated but was so easy to do and it solved my problem immediately.

Many thanks to Rikki and mrsmix who put up with me nagging them all weekend :blush: :smiley:

Hope this helps

Pat

i havnt had a problem at all

No problems here.

Ive had probs for a few days now 1 min i can get on then i just get a google error message and im on sky

From searching,

Some users of Tiscali, Talk talk, AOL and SKY are experiencing DNS problems…

This is nothing to do with us unfortunatly, for all of the above except Sky apparently there is a get around the problem by using a different DNS server ( Sky apparently dont let you do this) I suggest searching Open or Google DNS and see if you can configure your system to get round their problem

I was just about to suggest possible DNS issues actually Rikki as I’ve been online on here for a few days now without any connection trouble. I’m with BeThere which is part of O2.

Rob K:
I was just about to suggest possible DNS issues actually Rikki as I’ve been online on here for a few days now without any connection trouble. I’m with BeThere which is part of O2.

There are a couple of issues that happen from being part of a company the size of RBI. One is it is far easier to get past the usual customer service “reboot your modem” rubbish that end users get…

the second is the opposite is that ISP’s are far less likely to admit to a major PLC they are having problems.

This is why with these sort of problems we need to people to phone up thier ISP support, and if they admit on the phone there is an issue to post, like Pat did above.

we can then take that to the ISP’s - there is no way they will admit that to us.

Home ISP is Tiscali and guess what, I can’t get in.

At work just now, so company ISP works fine. I’ve emailed Tiscali, tech Support
and pointed all this out to them, no doubt I’ll get the usual clear out cookies
temp internet files,blah, blah.

I could use Google DNS, but quite frankly I can’t be bothered re-configuring
the router at home, for a problem that is clearly Tiscali’s. :smiling_imp: and
if the DNS change stops other sites I’ll have 3 angry females on my case. :blush:

Got the email I expected, but without doing anything T/net is working from home again. :smiley:

I had a “discussion” with tiscali tonight - full and frank might best describe the tone, Tiscali deny any problem but all of a sudden after pointing out the industry code of practice they seem to have sorted out the non existant DNS error :wink: :wink:

it is something to do with “godaddy.com” server im lead to believe according to sky