Price per mile?

You will have to factor in the cost of the fuel for the fridge unit if they are running on red or white as this will make a big difference

You normally give a rate or they give you a rate for the job then you decide if it is viable for you to do taking into account the running cost of said vehicle wages etc

Well if its not a wind up and youre writing things like this

the ‘o’ licence is not mine as iam running it on a friends and paying him to use it.

Then I repeat " There May Be Trouble Ahead"

You gotta be mad to admit to that on an open forum , you never know whos on here reading your posts… … I would have thought that everybody would know thats its illegal…On the bright side the worst that can happens if VOSA get a whiff of it is…THEY IMPOUND YOUR TRUCKS !!

Vosa would not only impound his trucks,they would revoke his freinds O licence.

Blissy:

the ‘o’ licence is not mine as iam running it on a friends and paying him to use it.

You gotta be mad to admit to that on an open forum , you never know whos on here reading your posts… … I would have thought that everybody would know thats its illegal…On the bright side the worst that can happens if VOSA get a whiff of it is…THEY IMPOUND YOUR TRUCKS !!

ok let me explain then…a vosa official came to our place on the annual check up .as we are on a restricted licence we asked if we could go on a standard O licence and he said either you do your operator cpc or if you know someone who has an operator cpc you can use their’s …hence y i said i was on my friends

Volvo_Kid:

Blissy:

ok let me explain then…a vosa official came to our place on the annual check up .as we are on a restricted licence we asked if we could go on a standard O licence and he said either you do your operator cpc or if you know someone who has an operator cpc you can use their’s …hence y i said i was on my friends

Did you apply to Vosa to upgrade your licence from a restricted to a standard national,nominating your friend as transport manager ?

Edited post,sent twice. :confused:

Volvo_Kid:

Blissy:

Volvo_Kid:
the ‘o’ licence is not mine as iam running it on a friends and paying him to use it

they are 2 totally seperate issues

it is legal for you to use someone elses CPC as a nominated trasport manager, but you are not allowed to use someone elses O Licence

as has already been stated, you will have your trucks impounded and it will have serious implications for your friends O Licence and could be revoked

shuttlespanker:

Volvo_Kid:

Blissy:

Volvo_Kid:
the ‘o’ licence is not mine as iam running it on a friends and paying him to use it

it is legal for you to use someone elses CPC as a nominated trasport manager, but you are not allowed to use someone elses O Licence

as has already been stated, you will have your trucks impounded and it will have serious implications for your friends O Licence and could be revoked

I have my own licence but it is RESTRICTED so iam using someone elses cpc

Volvo_Kid:

shuttlespanker:

Volvo_Kid:

Blissy:

Volvo_Kid:

your RESTRICTED licence does not allow you to run vehicles for hire or reward

by using someone elses (inter)national CPC and your RESTRICTED licence still does not cover you to run vehicles for hire or reward

you need a standard national O Licence in YOUR name, you cannot run YOUR vehicles on someone elses Standard National O Licence

you can however, use someone elses National CPC in YOUR application for YOUR own Standard National O Licence, for which, you will have to apply to VOSA for a change of O Licence

if you need this explaining any further, you really should not be running trucks at all :unamused:

shuttlespanker:

Volvo_Kid:

shuttlespanker:

Volvo_Kid:

Blissy:

Volvo_Kid:

your RESTRICTED licence does not allow you to run vehicles for hire or reward

by using someone elses (inter)national CPC and your RESTRICTED licence still does not cover you to run vehicles for hire or reward

you need a standard national O Licence in YOUR name, you cannot run YOUR vehicles on someone elses Standard National O Licence

you can however, use someone elses National CPC in YOUR application for YOUR own Standard National O Licence, for which, you will have to apply to VOSA for a change of O Licence

if you need this explaining any further, you really should not be running trucks at all :unamused:

already done !

so, why in previous posts in this thread have you stated that you are running on your friends o Licence?

if you are and get tugged by VOSA, they may not grant your application for a new licence

shuttlespanker:
so, why in previous posts in this thread have you stated that you are running on your friends o Licence?

if you are and get tugged by VOSA, they may not grant your application for a new licence

i ment to say his CPC and not his O licence

Volvo_Kid:

shuttlespanker:

i ment to say his CPC and not his O licence

so, have you applied for or been granted a standard national in your name?

been granted a standard national in my name

Volvo_Kid:

time posted 3:07pm

Volvo_Kid:
been granted a standard national in my name

time posted 4:28pm

so which is it?

Yeah, this is a wind-up right?

I’ve never read such a load of old codswallop

K

I don’t think the kid knows his arse from his elbow. :open_mouth:

Rob K:
I don’t think the kid knows his arse from his elbow. :open_mouth:

speaking from experience are you ■■?

Let’s not get in to to a slanging match! If you are charging £1.50-£2.50 per mile you should do ok out of it if the wagons are doing reasonable distance in a day, I try and get £2 per mile myself, with no dead running. The wagon could do with generating £500+ per day. If you are double shifting them, you can drop this to a minimum of £400 per shift. This is a very rough guidline mind. Diesel is roughly 50 pence per mile for an artic. If jobs don’t pay a decent rate, I walk away as I can’t be arsed.

Most of mine do £700 per shift, double shifted. You are usually better off doing two mid distance runs in a shift than one long one if they are drop and swaps.

Silver_Surfer:
Let’s not get in to to a slanging match! If you are charging £1.50-£2.50 per mile you should do ok out of it if the wagons are doing reasonable distance in a day, I try and get £2 per mile myself, with no dead running. The wagon could do with generating £500+ per day. If you are double shifting them, you can drop this to a minimum of £400 per shift. This is a very rough guidline mind. Diesel is roughly 50 pence per mile for an artic. If jobs don’t pay a decent rate, I walk away as I can’t be arsed.

that is pretty much all i wanted to know from the start of this topic really…Thanks very much for pointing that out :wink: