Peter Smyth - Many Thanks!

After speaking with Pete on here about my intention of doing my C+E / D and CPC C + D. So he tailored a package to suit my need and accommodation because im from Liverpool.

All I can say is to anyone who wants to do any of the Lorry or Bus licenses even if you are not from the area - seriously consider this company!! The accommodation is great at the Jug and Glass… great pint and great food. The tuition is 2nd to none (thanks nick) and all the staff are nice and friendly. Even all the trucks and buses are nice and new :slight_smile:

I did all 4 test this afternoon and here is how it went:

Cat C+E : Passed with a clean sheet :sunglasses:
Cat D : Failed with one serious and one minor (my fault misjudged how sharp a corner was and had to reverse back slightly to get it round). The examiner said the drive was perfect except that one mess up. Which I hold my hands up was completely my fault. The other minor I got which wasn’t marked in my final score was for selecting a right lane for turning right when the left lane could be used and I moved across once I realised.
CPC / C : 100% :sunglasses:
CPC / D : 100% :sunglasses:

I am resitting my Cat D next Saturday so fingers crossed. Sort of annoying got so close yet so far haha!!

Many thanks once again to Peter Smyth and all his staff they a great setup and would not waste my money going anywhere else!!!

Two driving tests in one day, tall order that. Well done on your passes.

Im pleased because I failed Cat D and then came back and passed me c+e with a clean sheet. Should have passed my cat D stupid mistake.

Well done on the passes. Hope you get the D in the bag next time

Any Pics?

I am booked with Pete in October an d just wondered if you have any pics of your vehicles?

Dean

There is no Doubt about it mate you went to a great trainer there and was well worth traveling from liverpool
and staying over the time of your course .
I live in Blackpool and given the choice I think i would have done the same thing well done on passing the CE ( failed mine tues)and sorry to here that you failed the D but hey dont worry I have held a cat D for about 15 yrs and coach drivings ok but bad pay ( tips make the wage up) :wink: and stage carrage service driving is a pain in the backside mate :angry: you get things like :open_mouth: ( where have ya been till now your late ) or ( you have missed my stop ) so ring the bell you numpty :stuck_out_tongue: or the favourit ( sorry ive no less as they wave a £20 note in your face ) best answer for that is ok but will have to give you change in COINS :laughing:
BEST OF LUCK MATE but you dont nead luck you have been to a good training school :laughing: :laughing:

Not to take any congratulations away from you

WELL DONE on the passes.

I think this might be a great thread to ask a vocational licence question on.

If you can take a driving test on a C which may be a Leyland Roadrunner type, then you can hang something like a caravan behind it, and pass C+E, why then are we still faffing around with D or D+E

You can drive an artic straight after passing on the roadrunner, why do we still need the D category.

Scrap the PCV and LGV licence and call it LV+E

To convert between the two, you only need to do a Freight CPC or a Passenger CPC with an exam.

Sample Questions:
How many spansets would you need to restrain an incontinent granny?
Is it permissible to stand an open sack of wet cyanide on a coach seat?

Well done on the passes mate, congrats.

Wheel Nut:
why do we still need the D category.

Scrap the PCV and LGV licence and call it LV+E

To convert between the two, you only need to do a Freight CPC or a Passenger CPC with an exam.

Sample Questions:
How many spansets would you need to restrain an incontinent granny?
Is it permissible to stand an open sack of wet cyanide on a coach seat?

Yeah but then they wont make as much money that way will they :laughing:

And yes i do agree it should be more like this way indeed.

quinnylad:
I did all 4 test this afternoon and here is how it went:

Cat C+E : Passed with a clean sheet :sunglasses:
Cat D : Failed with one serious and one minor
CPC / C : 100% :sunglasses:
CPC / D : 100% :sunglasses:

Cat D fireworks will have to wait but here are the others I have available :smiley:

PS - 4 tests in one day is very impressive and only one not passed for a relatively small error makes that almost incredible :exclamation:

Driving wise you must have done car, LGV CE, PCV and then back to car … go on, tell us what daft things you did such as looking for range change in car etc :laughing: :laughing:

Haha thanks everyone still annoyed with myself for messing that turn up. Good job im not the going to pieces types after failing and then messed the other three up.

Funnily enough i didnt really do that think because i was used to jumping in and of the wagon and bus (straight 6 box).

Drive back to liverpool was horrible after all them test though good to see family though eexcept the missus of course hahaha. Dont think i got above 2nd gear on M1 on way home haha!

Made up with my other passes though the examiner asked me if I was mad doing all 4 tests in one day.

Just read this thread as I’ve been away for a couple of days. I rang for the results of course and I was absolutely gutted to hear about the CAT D going wrong. But you made up for it with the clean sheet on CE and 100% on both the cpc’s. It was adventurous to attempt all this in a week but it was clearly worthwhile as the error could have arisen at any point and to any driver.
Looking forward to hearing that the CAT D is passed next week.
All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

If only them railing hadnt been in the way :laughing:

Just to let you all know I passed my Cat D yesterday at Mansfield :slight_smile:

Chuffed with the service with Pete Smyth and would reocmmend him to anyone looking to do their LGV/PCB licenses. They have an unreal setup and their staff and just amazing!!!

Even if your from the other side of the country go to him their accomodation is lovely…

To do

CPC Mod 4 - C
CPC Mod 4 - D
C+E
D

in three days is great!!

quinnylad:
Just to let you all know I passed my Cat D yesterday

:smiley: :smiley:

quinnylad:
Just to let you all know I passed my Cat D yesterday at Mansfield :slight_smile:

Chuffed with the service with Pete Smyth and would reocmmend him to anyone looking to do their LGV/PCB licenses. They have an unreal setup and their staff and just amazing!!!

Even if your from the other side of the country go to him their accomodation is lovely…

To do

CPC Mod 4 - C
CPC Mod 4 - D
C+E
D

in three days is great!!

3 Days to do all of that is fantastic.

Well Done. A good result all round. Hope I get the desired result next month as I am booked with Pete to do Cat CE. Have also looked into taking Cat D with him next year if all goes to plan.

Dean

ROG:

quinnylad:
Just to let you all know I passed my Cat D yesterday

:smiley: :smiley:

Many thanks :grimacing:

dar1976:

quinnylad:

To do

CPC Mod 4 - C
CPC Mod 4 - D
C+E
D

in three days is great!!

3 Days to do all of that is fantastic.

Well Done. A good result all round. Hope I get the desired result next month as I am booked with Pete to do Cat CE. Have also looked into taking Cat D with him next year if all goes to plan.

Dean

You have picked a great trainer so you wont have any problems. I had driven from Liverpool before my retest yesterday so was pretty nervous because I had not driven the coach for over a week and didn’t have a chance to go out before my test but all come good in the end :slight_smile:

Congratulations on completing the set!

And thanks for the kind comments.

All the best for the future, Pete :laughing: :laughing: