Peter Smythe Transport Training

C+E is being offered, most students have not been that far off from passing Cat C,

Just to clarify, the course is open to Cat C as well as CE and, naturally, not all CE candidates have come straight from Cat C training. The potential mix is almost endless!

I think this service being offered and helps to take the stress out of worrying about passing as you know the costing is not going to be as much as it would be if you had not took out the course.

That was the thinking behind the creation of the course. Any way of taking pressure out of the job has to be a good thing.

I hope it remains successful and that you are forced to take on more staff to cover the demand.

Thankyou. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I had been thinking about booking a C+E course for quite a while and reading on here about Peter’s guaranteed pass offer i decided to take the plunge and book it. It was knowing that if the worst happened and i was to fail that i would only be looking at a test fee and not added cost for further training.
I took advantage of the inclusive B&B at a rather nice pub about 15 minutes away, decent food and a comfortable clean room.
The drawbar combo i was driving was an MAN, a clean truck that drives lovely just what you need when under tuition.
I had Pete himself for the course and all i can say is he makes life very easy, no shouting, no drama just good training. So good in fact i passed this afternoon with 1 minor.
Thanks to Pete and his team for the butties, brews and all the help and advice this week, highly recommend him to anyone thinking of undertaking any transport training.

Cheers

Steve

Congratulations Steve and thanks for the kind words.

Could I just add that the next available Money Back Guarantee Course is next January when the MAN will have been replaced with another brand new Iveco. (Other courses available as normal). Hope that isn’t advertising - just giving info.

Good luck to everyone taking tests tomorrow and next week. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Congratulations chunkymonkey well done :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Congratulations on the pass. I also had training with Pete and cannot fault his training.

Excellent result.

Dean

Congratulations on passing your C+E chunky monkey. :slight_smile:

chunky monkey:
i passed this afternoon with 1 minor.

Hi chunky monkey,

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your LGV “C+E” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

If you don’t mind me saying so, that was a rather good score. Nice one mate!!

Congratulations, all the best in finding a job. :slight_smile:

So Peter,

A few months have passed now how are you finding the service of Guarenteed pass going.

You are getting positive feedback.

how are you finding the service of Guarenteed pass going.

So far, no negative feedback - but I wasn’t expecting any. The whole idea of this unique course is that folk can relax knowing that, if for any reason it all goes wrong, it wont break the bank as training continues ad infinitum until we see the pass ticket or give a full refund of training fees. It’s 100% genuine which is a refreshing change in this industry which is becoming known, in some circles, for misleading marketing and mis-selling.

As I stated in my previous post, the next available course is January - so that tells you something!

All the best. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Congrats on the pass and i also have comented on how good there tuition is, calm and relaxed! I had nick and he was brilliant and precise.

Well done on the pass and to echo Mr DD wow only 1 minor

jen x

Thanks to all for the good wishes, i was pleased when i passed car/bike/cat c but this one beats them all.

well done on the pass! im tempted to take my class 1 with peter in the new year at some point.

That is really good news peter.

Taking bookings for January is good espically in this economical down time.

It does seem to be getting rave reviews glad it is successful.

Thanks. To me it seems a total no-brainer as it takes all the stress out of the possibility of a fail on test. Unlimited training before the 1st test is clearly a big “plus”. This is the reason that it’s only me, personally, who teaches on this course as I only have one candidate a week. So there is no pressure for getting back at particular times etc.

As time goes on, it will become crystal clear that the course is genuine. It’s just me breaking the mould or the rules - - - again!!

Good luck to everybody training and testing this coming week. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

What are the normal day-hours that you teach for, is it 4 hours like 8-12 and 1-5 or longer or shorter?

Are you able to provide any kind of statistics towards your pass rate of students?

The reason I ask is for consideration of others taking this route…

Some training companies have 4 hours per day for 4 or more days with a test afterwards.

Elwyn

Pete and his training company are fantastic. He provides training based on assessed personal requirements.

I think you would find it hard to find another company that caters to specific needs so effortlessly.

Dean

The Money Back Guarantee Course is still in it’s infancy. To date there have been 4 candidates. 3 have passed 1st time and the other candidate is approaching retest due a “brainfart”.
Training time is totally flexible. I am the only instructor within the training centre who teaches this course as I am semi-retired. The training starts on a Monday at a time convenient to the trainee. (Some folk travel to us on the Monday morning so it may be late morning before we start. Others stay in B+B that we pay for and will start earlier maybe). During the first session I assess the candidate’s driving and make a judgement as to how much training will be required before the test which is normally mid-day on Thursday. All the training is on 1:1 basis. The art is to ensure that there is sufficient training without overdoing it and peaking too soon. The beauty of this scheme is that there is only one instructor (me) and one truck (a brand new Iveco) used for the course. The truck does no other work and nor do I. So if we need another couple of hours, so be it. No problem. The candidate has to trust my judgement with this. I believe my reputation is such that it should be easy to trust me. I have been in the large vehicle training industry for 40 years and I firmly believe that there is no other training on offer that comes close to this.
There is no limit on the training up to test or afterwards leading to retest if unlucky. I have only one interest - that candidates pass their test. Secondary to that is the enjoyment of the course - though that’s also important naturally.
If the question related to our normal courses, we do 14hrs of 1:1 training followed by test (at our private test centre) and can demonstrate a pass rate in the region of 80%. Yes we have “bum days” where I just want to reach for the razor blades but these are outweighed by the great test days we enjoy much more frequently.
Hope I’ve answered the questions adequately, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Just to add on to Peters repsonse, C+E is being offered, most students have not been that far off from passing Cat C,

75% is a good % and to be fair you are not learning to drive the truck again you are learning to adjust to the vehicle which is articulated honestly a class 1 is like driving a class 2 going forward it is just bends and roundabout where positioning is different oh and reversing.

Most candidates would need no more then 15-18 hours to get to test status and pass.

I think this service being offered and helps to take the stress out of worrying about passing as you know the costing is not going to be as much as it would be if you had not took out the course.

I hope it remains successful and that you are forced to take on more staff to cover the demand.