Pete Roff

Some of the best memories I have driving for Peter, good bunch of drivers. :smiling_imp:

when did you drive for him?

Mid 80s, Was in zeebrugger the night the herald went down, I was there with Brian, I was driving B666 BUD, good times.

i was there 1990 to 95 with brian,terry and a bunch of good guys

Do you still have the set of special shaped brushes?

Generally known as “Bugger Roff” :wink:

Plenty of items of interest on this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=25475

Harry Monk:
Generally known as “Bugger Roff” :wink:

Plenty of items of interest on this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=25475

+1 One driver told me that he finished Saturday midday & had to clean the motor . He slept in it Sat night got back between the chassis Sunday morning & shipped out Sun midday. Didn’t even get chance to go home to see his wife -that chassis was gleaming,tho. :laughing:

In the mid 80,s while working for Bernard Grainger of Kenilworth i would load at Laser Transport Ashford on a saturday and ship out of Dover on saturday night,i used to meet peter when he did a change over with brian,he seemed a decent chap,Brian and myself would park up at the Total in Zeebrugge then meet up with Terry and some of the other drivers on sunday,then run down to Remich through the border at 10pm,Brian would go onto Kodak Stuttgart and i would go onto BTG in Plochingen.We sometimes meet again in Zeebrugge on wednesday night when i was on my way home and they would be turning round to go back on their 2nd trip. Happy days

john i remember you and brian were pretty good freinds, are you still in contact with him,he posted some comments sometime ago on the hg brown forum posting under his sons name mark green

hi tvdriver,Bernard Grainger finished in the late 80s early 90s and i went to work for Mick Lambert taking the BTG work with me but after a few weeks Laser started doing the trip double manned with ridgids and we lost the job,i started running to spain with Lambert so lost contact with the lads running to germany,although i did see terry a few times when he got his own truck,but i havent seen brian since Gainger finished,since 2001 i have hung up the clogs and drive in the uk.

didnt trucker ash work for roff :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

you could be right dreva, but if he did it was before my time there, you know it wasnt that bad or maybe i’ve just forgotten the worst parts overtime, a lot of what is written is second and third hand, without a doubt he [peter]was quirky bugger but the work was good, the equipment was good, it was definitely an experience and for the most part i liked working there

dreva:
didnt trucker ash work for roff :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

I only did a short period of “casual”. Enjoyed it, but no vacancy at the time.
Funnily enough I saw Roffy only last week but could not “stop him”…he was in his new Range Rover (reg; PR1) driving through Aylesbury.

when was it you worked there ashley?

tvdriver:
when was it you worked there ashley?

Now you are asking; Must have been early to mid 80’s. Had BEV (a 142) for a week doing Bridgend to Dover, then went with Colin Field in F12 Globetrotter (370Y) to Germany to “lean” the route, then did couple of trips on my own.
By the way tvdriver; have you got any Roffy pics you can post on here?

JOHNXL70:
hi tvdriver,Bernard Grainger finished in the late 80s early 90s and i went to work for Mick Lambert taking the BTG work with me but after a few weeks Laser started doing the trip double manned with ridgids and we lost the job,i started running to spain with Lambert so lost contact with the lads running to germany,although i did see terry a few times when he got his own truck,but i havent seen brian since Gainger finished,since 2001 i have hung up the clogs and drive in the uk.

Would you be John Exton, I went to school with Mick Lambert, last saw him in Dover 1986, I gave a lift to one of Bernard’s drivers around 85/86 from Dover up to Baginton, Bernard came to my house to pick him up, but I can’t remember his name. What’s Mick doing now?

hi all,
i well recall roff’s fine fleet :sunglasses: .a good mate from the north east owns an ex roff f16.years ago i used to see them taking engines out of ford at bridgend.a mate from bucks.once told me that when a roff driver came in one sunday to head for dover,he noticed a new different colour sleeping bag on his bunk.when the driver asked roff what was going on? roff replied "i had to swap it,the colour of the bag didn’t match the rest of the cab interior :wink: "
regards andrew.

pete 359:
hi all,
i well recall roff’s fine fleet :sunglasses: .a good mate from the north east owns an ex roff f16.years ago i used to see them taking engines out of ford at bridgend.a mate from bucks.once told me that when a roff driver came in one sunday to head for dover,he noticed a new different colour sleeping bag on his bunk.when the driver asked roff what was going on? roff replied "i had to swap it,the colour of the bag didn’t match the rest of the cab interior :wink: "
regards andrew.

thats proper ■■■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pete 359 sorry to say it but your mate from bucks was talking total b#ll€cks :smiley: .
I was there for 5yrs & my duvet had more colours on it than Noel Edmunds multi- coloured
Swap shop !!! As John (tv driver) said Peter was quirky but story’s like that are pure fiction.
Ps.how’s America John ■■ News from terry his partner Jeanette gave birth to baby Ryan in sept…

Hi Dieseldogsix,i am John Exton from Kenilworth,i finished working with Mick in 2001 when Rugby Forwarding finished,i still see him and he’s ok,he’s out of transport now and runs Stanton Jet Ski Centre