Peter gilder in the 80,s

The real Basher:
The real Basher
Drove my brains out put the kids through good schools and univercity bought a small farm in the west of Ireland. Kicck back and watch the grass grow.
Good luck. Basher.

hello basher, the last time i saw you was in charlie hindes yard repairing the top rear corner of you cuppers! your mj!

anyone used to drive for him out there?must be! he had such a big turn over,billy whiz,basher,mudworm,dave allen.where are they now?

i think dave allen is on pic now saw him a couple of months ago

i think dave allen is on pic now saw him a couple of months ago

lone wolf .spain:
anyone used to drive for him out there?must be! he had such a big turn over,billy whiz,basher,mudworm,dave allen.where are they now?

Did Billy Whiz drive for Avialink?

Did you drive for him Loan wolf ■■?

I remember Maggot who was on there for years i think he was the road
foreman really good lad (cant remember his real name) but if you knew
Gilders you knew him.Just come back to me Ray something ■■?

John Harris (Percy) drives for a belguim company delivering carpets in
the UK.

Cant remember any other names just faces,are the Gilder brothers still
talking as i remember they were always falling out ■■ or was that just
rumours ■■?

My memory of the Gilders fleet was very smart motors coming through
Poole with handballed boxes of apples or wine in the livestock bodies.

K.Adams:

lone wolf .spain:

Did Billy Whiz drive for Avialink?

Did Billy Whiz double man with Noel Minchew for a while or am i getting
mixed up with someone else,the name definately rings a bell ?

i worked for peter in 86\87 then went to m.f.p. in swindon,then back to gilder in 91,before buying my own truck.last i saw of maggot he was on for ralph davies,more names come to mind were,angus maxwell i think he went to p.i.c.keith marshall?ive got some pics of 111,s an 141,s i used to drive ,will have to dig them out.

lone wolf .spain:
i worked for peter in 86\87 then went to m.f.p. in swindon,then back to gilder in 91,before buying my own truck.last i saw of maggot he was on for ralph davies,more names come to mind were,angus maxwell i think he went to p.i.c.keith marshall?ive got some pics of 111,s an 141,s i used to drive ,will have to dig them out.

Bloody hell all the old names are coming out ,yeah i remember Maggot
subbing for Ralph he had a green and white 112 scania.

Keith marshall he was driving for Mounthooly then an owner driver and has
just literally emigrated to Canada and is doing long haul work to somewhere
like Mexico i was told! away for weeks at a time.

The term Road Foreman always amuses me, as it is normally the shortest gobbiest driver on the firm who is self appointed. :wink:

Or maybe that is the reason I went off to explore Europe and bits of Asia & Africa on my own. I made my own mistakes and learnt from them.

DeanB
Your right a young lad called Billy Whizz did double man with Noel.
Poor lad, if you remember what Noel was like he had weeks of constant pi**
takes.

Ha Ha A mate of mine called Phil Pragnell done a trip for Peter Gilder, He left in October and got home Boxing day and his Mrs (Joan) went balistic, I Think he went to the Chinese border with supplys for the brit oil rig workers down there… F… that ha…

Chris B:
DeanB
Your right a young lad called Billy Whizz did double man with Noel.
Poor lad, if you remember what Noel was like he had weeks of constant pi**
takes.

Bubbsy how you doing mate :question: long time no speak ,will send you a private
message.

There was a good article a while back about some of gilders motors doing
a job down to Portugal in one of the truck mags the drivers were Maggot,
Keith marshall, and Noel was driving an f88 of his own,was quite an
amusing read !

Like you say Chris ,Noel was hilarious always cracking jokes,and another funny bloke was Willy Evans ■■

a guy i work with did work for one of the gilders, cant remember whoch one he said though, he was saying he almost went to kazhakstan (i think rather than russia) but ended up doing a trailer change in poland with a guy in an erf who didnt want to go back to the uk as i think there was a warrent out for his arrest!!! i will see if i can get hold of him see if i can get any more info

Hi Euromat,

The trips to Kazakstan were by RUSSANGLIA(Peter Gilder) and the guys on there regulary did change overs and were running mostly to a place in kazak called Tenghiz. They also did loads to a gold mine in Uzbek in the town of Zarafshan. Gordon Hendorson, Dave Wakefield and little Charlie who i cant remember his second name were to be seen somewhere en-route Moscow.Few other regulars on there aswell and some subbies working for him at that time too. :smiley:

Hello everyone :smiley: Yes a young lad called Billy Whizz did run with Noel for a while, not to be confused with Peters original Billy… I got my nick name at Graham Gilders…
YOU KNOW WHAT BROTHERS ARE LIKE… ?
I survived the rights of passage at the hands of Noel, AlexH, Carl M and Vince at Ralphs, Made many friends and upset a few too… But if you know me , well, you know me.
I still see Noel, Maggots well, Still do a bit of drivin for Gilders and MLC occasionally, Now restoring things for a living.

Will any of Gilders drivers admit defeat from Bordeaux to Cherbourg ?
Dont forget the 20mins head start you had :laughing:
Viva MFP

Owned Peter gilder 142 esteppe roof,LHD,reg was E901 HDF,think he cut it down to a unit from a longer wheel base.Did Peter burn his house down,to get planning to build a new house on site,rumour was in pub with petrol fumes.Noel edmonds from deal or no deal,married his make artist girlfriend yesterday at lower slaughters,just down the road from Gilders yard.

morning all re peter gilder drivers some of you might regonise my name but he had a hellof a lot of drivers go through his doors everyone forgot mick cook who was his first full time driver then maggot jock davidson carl makey percy harris angus maxwell spud myself (muddy) nick whale aka rodders we all done time for him was hard life but a great crack and when things got bent there was always phil hutton the doc or steve in the workshops always there to straighten it all out again

toby1234abc:
Owned Peter gilder 142 esteppe roof,LHD,reg was E901 HDF,think he cut it down to a unit from a longer wheel base.Did Peter burn his house down,to get planning to build a new house on site,rumour was in pub with petrol fumes.Noel edmonds from deal or no deal,married his make artist girlfriend yesterday at lower slaughters,just down the road from Gilders yard.

the 142 reg you given used to be a 4 wheel lorry and drag had straight through exhaust wow did it sound nice when she was working hard