pension scam

Hi all,
I am working for an agency,(i wont say which one for now) and i am being diddled out of employer pension contributions from my employer.
They do it by making me an employee of an umbrella company and then a few weeks later they change the name of said company.
Does anyone know who I should report it to?
Thanks.

jjmorris1960:
Hi all,
I am working for an agency,(i wont say which one for now) and i am being diddled out of employer pension contributions from my employer.
They do it by making me an employee of an umbrella company and then a few weeks later they change the name of said company.
Does anyone know who I should report it to?
Thanks.

My mate told me his pension hasn’t been paid / not showing on pay slip , but he’s paye agency

I dont do umbrellas,except to keep dry…
I would find another agency or job,theres enough choice now isnt there…

Pension Ombudsman…

pensions-ombudsman.org.uk/

Tax man.

gov.uk/report-an-unregister … r-business

Get 'em told it’s PAYE or you’re out. This depends on where you are to a point and how many agencies there are. If your on a far flung island off the coast of the Hebrides, look for a job as a shepherd.

Look at this thread to help you recover the money if possible.
trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 2&t=169589

THe OP could always ask to opt out of the agency pension scheme

I’m betting you went with this agency because they advertised a higher rate than others doing PAYE? Well there’s a reason for that.

If you’re paid through an umbrella company then technically it’s the umbrella company who are your employer, not the agency. The agency becomes a client of your umbrella company and as such isn’t liable for employers NI or holiday pay or sick pay.

When you are paid via an umbrella company any employers pension contributions, employers NI and holiday pay are rolled into the amount the agency pay your umbrella company as the umbrella rate. Because workplace pension contributions, holiday pay and employers NI contributions all have to be made from the gross pay the agency pay you, you need to be damned sure its at least 27% more than a PAYE rate you’re comparing it to for you to come out with the same money. So for agency via umbrella to stand a chance of being the same as agency PAYE rate of £10/hr it would need to be at least £12.70/hr plus the fee the umbrella company charge split by the number of hours you do. There will not be an additional payment the agency pay into a workplace pension, the umbrella company deducts 3% from the gross pay and pays it into a pension scheme.

The only way you could get scammed is if the umbrella company is deducting 3% employers pension contributions from the gross pay you get from the agency and then not paying it into a pension.

If they’re not deducting employers pension contributions then there is no scam.

Usually the reason many drivers go agency with umbrella is because of greed. They see the higher hourly rate but they don’t understand the ramifications and costs of being paid via umbrella, they just see the headline figure. If you don’t understand how umbrella companies work then you’re best not working at an agency who pay you that way and go direct PAYE with the agency. If the agency won’t do that then go find another, it’s not like there’s a shortage of them.

peirre:
THe OP could always ask to opt out of the agency pension scheme

You need to opt out as you sign up with that agency in the FIRST place.