Parking at Heywood

I park on heywood ind est every weekend and used to pay by cheque, went in last night and now you can pay by fuel card as in most types etc. saves laying out your own cash and claiming it back :smiley:

NOTICED THIS AT QUITE A FEW places now keyfuels etc ,think i may start using it as i lay out abt a ton a week

IIRC, they also charge you a premium for the privelage of using the fuel card for payment

shuttlespanker:
IIRC, they also charge you a premium for the privelage of using the fuel card for payment

just cost me £8 per night. no premium

gezt:

shuttlespanker:

no, the fuel card company charge the extra, as in, when the bill comes in, you paid £8 on the day in question, but when the bill comes in, it will be higher

shuttlespanker:

gezt:

shuttlespanker:

no, the fuel card company charge the extra, as in, when the bill comes in, you paid £8 on the day in question, but when the bill comes in, it will be higher

Well they don’t “add on” anything for using it on m6 toll .will let you know when gaffer gets bill cos if they do add a premium he will certainly let me know :unamused: and even if they do it would still be cheap for parking over the weekend i.e £24 where as one of our drivers pays £69 to park in rugby truckstop i think.
be interesting to see.

I’ve learnt the lesson not to pay for anything other than fuel with my keyfuels card cos when the bill comes through they’ve always robbed you blind. For example I bought a gallon of engine oil at a service station. The price label on the oil was something lke £22.99 (including vat) and when the bill came through they had charged me something like 28+vat. The same goes for truckwashes where they tend to add most of a tenner.

I’m told the SNAP card is good for parking and truckwashes as there is apparently no surcharge but I’ve not looked into it properly myself yet.

Paul

gezt:
I park on heywood ind est every weekend and used to pay by cheque, went in last night and now you can pay by fuel card as in most types etc. saves laying out your own cash and claiming it back :smiley:

Why does`nt your gaffer open an account with HTS, they are good as gold, monthly invoice/statement, no hassle either way for you or gaff lad :sunglasses:

Stanley Mitchell:

gezt:

Why does`nt your gaffer open an account with HTS, they are good as gold, monthly invoice/statement, no hassle either way for you or gaff lad :sunglasses:

he may do if the card charge is high, i do keep asking him to :unamused: