pallet prices

hi all
I’m sure I remember a place I used to work paying £50 for a pallet to be delivered anywhere in the country next day. Seems a fair price to me but today I saw a van all stickered up offering a pallet delivered same dayfor £9.99 ffs
surely this must be a mistake or is that the going rate now ? if it is why would anyone have there own transport coz at this price it must be cheaper than doing your own

Montgomery Transport often load out of Monaghan Mushroom - Whitley, M62 J4 for Tesco Doncaster, not a big trip, but anyways one of the owner drivers (Not mentioning names) actually telephoned a taxi office in Doncaster (No names again) and asked for a price from Whitley to Tesco Doncaster, to his shock, the Taxi firm charge more going from Whitley - Doncaster than what Montgomerys pay a Artic/Trailer doing the same run. The figures werent revealed but its a bit shocking. I think folk are taking and giving what they can these days just enough to keep the bankers away, sooner or later most will come tumbling down.

i think there’s been many occasions when taxis do the same distance for more than an artic. And if you get dropped off home after a night out and the babysitter is going back to somewhere near the taxi office, you wouldn’t be getting any return load rates!

I can’t see how anyone can run at £9.99 a pallet though, just a quick tally up and I couldn’t get it to work… :confused:

I’m sure it must be “from” £9.99, even using an artic nobody will move 26 pallets from anywhere to anywhere for £260.

Harry Monk:
I’m sure it must be “from” £9.99, even using an artic nobody will move 26 pallets from anywhere to anywhere for £260.

52 on a twin decker?

TC

The ■■■■■■ just off J16 M4 are still paying £4 for a Euro !!