p&o european

i was with a fella yesterday and what a lovely old bloke.

he was working for roadways out of felixstowe and lives in southend area. his name is brian and used to work for p&o european for about 19 years. he showed me loads of photos from his time abroad. he used to have a scania 81, scania 111 and a man also a first daf 95 all on the euro work pulling tilts for dupoint.

a really geuniune nice guy who i had a lot of time for. no boasting about this and that just a really good conversation about the old times and his memories.

someone on here might remember him, he is 68 and looks like he has had a throat problem.

JD

I know exactly who you met Brian Sawkins who was in Leeds yesterday.He worked for me at Roadways Barking when I was there and is now on contract to us from Roadways Felixstowe.And yes he is a true gentleman .The only time I heard from him was to get his next job details …an ideal driver who made life so easy for us .Didn’t know he’s been at Rcl that long though.

Rob Campbell:
JD

I know exactly who you met Brian Sawkins who was in Leeds yesterday.He worked for me at Roadways Barking when I was there and is now on contract to us from Roadways Felixstowe.And yes he is a true gentleman .The only time I heard from him was to get his next job details …an ideal driver who made life so easy for us .Didn’t know he’s been at Rcl that long though.

thats right he tipped with me at goole yesterday and was taking the box back to norcon then one out roadways to load at newcastle.

a real nice fella i hope to meet him again.

Hi chaps, would they be the same as P & O roadways ? When i was kid in the 70’s every evening i went to my high street in POTTERS BAR, to whatch the day man handover to the night man. They had a scania lbs 111 in light blue colour,( white door?? ) Sometimes it pulled a curtainsider but mostly it was a spread axle 40" container trailer. How times change, i delivered petrol to the BP garage in the same high street, the traffic was terrible, you wouldn’t be able to do a change overnow!!!
all the best Nicholas.