Overnight bellshill

Story in the local paper for anybody overnighting in the industrial estate

bellshillspeaker.co.uk/news/ … 6421744.jp

Hmmm always been the same, some drivers are their own worse enemy, problem is they mess it up for the decent one’s.

Our own worst enemy, sad but true you will never be able to educate some drivers that this sort of behaviour only gives people a good excuse to make ind esates no overnight parking zones.

Yes we can be our own worst enemy, but on the other hand, what faccilities are there for drivers in Bellshill.
The nearest truckstop is Lockerbie, the nearest services are hamilton and bothwell both of which are far from good.
What do you expect a driver to do when he has no choice but to park in an industrial estate with no toilets to hand.

RUDDY DISGUSTING , :imp:
SOME OF THESE GUYS CABS ARE MINT AND WOULD GO MAD IF A NIGHT DRIVER LEFT HIS DOG ENDS AND CRUMBS ON THE FOOTWELL OF THERE CABS , WHY O WHY DONT THESE MEN BAG IT AND BIN IT ■■?// :unamused:

We do a factory in the middle of nowhere it has a cracking wee spot to park up and have a 45 minute on the access road - no other laybys nearby. I’ve heard the owners of the factory are going to ban lorries from stopping there because of all the rubbish :angry: Own worst enemies!

The righead est in Bellshill is crying out for some facilities the place is packed every night, every side street,■■■■ and cranny is used.

A truckstop/fuel stop would be ideal in Eurocentral… theres plenty of space.

I live just 5 minutes along from the righead est. I agree the place is crying out for a couple public toilets and yes every spot possible has a truck parked in it. A very busy site indeed. I’ve done an overnight there a few times and unless you’re in one of the side streets then you’re guarenteed to be woken up with trucks thundering past all night too

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
Yes we can be our own worst enemy, but on the other hand, what faccilities are there for drivers in Bellshill.
The nearest truckstop is Lockerbie, the nearest services are hamilton and bothwell both of which are far from good.
What do you expect a driver to do when he has no choice but to park in an industrial estate with no toilets to hand.

The answer to your question is simple, “What I would expect a driver to do”,facilities or not, is what all civilised drivers have been doing for years ,bag up all the crap,( especially emergency REAL crap) and dispose of it in a waste bin, any driver who does the opposite is only
fuelling the public opinion of us, who think we are one step above ■■■■■■. Why do you think all the truck parks are closing. Have I understood you right that you think its acceptable to leave [zb] and rubbish when you leave in a morning because there are no bogs on an industrial estate :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :question:

Cannot tolerate the mess some drivers leave behind, not to mention the stink.

The same people who leave their rubbish and excretions everywhere will be the ones complaining about the way we are “treated”.

I fail to see what is difficult about bagging up your rubbish (including your toilet mess) and taking it with you. There are plenty of places to secure it that don’t involve having it in the cab with you if it bothers some people that much.

Worse still is when there actually are bins and toilets, and people still don’t use them. Take a look at the laybys on the A34 between the M4 and M40, lots have been refurbished recently, with better kerbing, several litters bins, new footpaths etc. Most of them are strewn with mess.

I stopped at Beaconsfield services Wednesday evening, not for the night, just for a 45. It’s quite new, opened less than a year i’d say. Facilities are pricey, but maintained and cleaned etc.

Lorry park absolutely reeks of ■■■■ already, and that is a new place! No need to even mention the likes of South Mimms. Needs a biological hazard warning on the lorry park entrance.

same every were over here? :cry: r yard is like a land fill site even though theres 18 cubic skip in the middle of the yard. not so bad over the pond.

robroy:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

The answer to your question is simple, “What I would expect a driver to do”,facilities or not, is what all civilised drivers have been doing for years ,bag up all the crap,( especially emergency REAL crap) and dispose of it in a waste bin, any driver who does the opposite is only
fuelling the public opinion of us, who think we are one step above ■■■■■■. Why do you think all the truck parks are closing. Have I understood you right that you think its acceptable to leave [zb] and rubbish when you leave in a morning because there are no bogs on an industrial estate :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :question:

No I do not think it is alright to leave waste were I have parked overnight, but I wouldn’t park in an industrial estate, what I was pointing out was the lack of faccillities that are available to lorry drivers, which makes one step below ■■■■■■.

In the area you have motherwell food park, righead, eurocentral, bartlets potatoes and countless other nindustrial estates and distribution centres across the central belt of scotland, what parking do trucks have? Harthill services is nothing more than a glorified bus stop for comuters going to Edinburgh or Glasgow.

Hamilton and Bothwell services are 1970’2 relics withpout showers and expensive, low quality food, and a very good chance of having your curtains slashed due to their proximity.

Edinburgh has no truckstop, neither as Glasgow, the nearest truckstiop is Lockerbie, 1 hours drive away yes it’s doadle but how many times have you come out morrisons after spending a good few hours waiting for tipping and paperwork to find you’ve not got time to get back to lockerbie.

What do you do, you park in the nearest place possible and yes some are lazy ■■■■■■■■ and just litter the estate or somke say sod it, I have drove so many hundred mile to get this load here, whilst delivering to them they treat me like I’m 1 step below a ■■■■■, when I am finally tipped after a 4 hour delay they want me to leave their premises after they have searched me because to them I am a thieving scumbag and sleep for 9 hours in an industrial estate.

In Europe many factories and distribution centres have parking faccillites on or near their site, with toilet facillties and waste recepticles, the majority even have showers that are soley for drivers, in europe drivers get treat with a lot more respect and rubbish tipping is not so much a problem.

The parking and littering are a big problem in the Bellshill Estates.
But where are they meant to park and what facillities are there ?
Bellshill and Eurocentral (Mossend) are the distribution hubs of Scotland and there are no facillities for long distance drivers whatsoever .
North Lanarkshire Council surely have a duty to provide these facillities as they canvas the big companies to set up in these estates .
With Lesmahagow now closed down there are even less palces for drivers to park up safe and secure .

Councils are brilliant at pointing out a problem , but do nothing to prevent it .