Operators licence

If i wish to check one out, ie where it states that the company vehicle’s should be parked.What’s the best way to find out :question:

vosa.gov.uk/vosa/infocus.htm

Just search for the company name.

The vosa site doesn’t list O’Centres by vehicle reg.

So, if you bandit vehicle is part of a large fleet with multi centres, then your best bet is to ‘phone their transport manager and ask where it is supposed to be parked!

“should be parked” whats that mean and why would you want to know?
if your really nosey it’ll state on the disc the trading name of the operator, vosa site will then give you the o’center address.
or you could just ask the driver :confused:

where it states that the company vehicle’s should be parked

This is what the quote should say,but you left this part out. :confused:

whats that mean and why would you want to know?

I thought you could work that out for yourself. :confused: And for the second part of question,because i do simple as that. :confused: :wink:

if your really nosey it’ll state on the disc the trading name of the operator,

Would help if the vehicle was displaying one. :wink:

or you could just ask the driver

And do you really think he’d know,but then again you don’t know him so not really worth telling you is it. :wink:

i ask what you mean by “should be parked” because i don’t understand what your saying, if you mean the offical address for the operating center of the company that run the wagon, thats a totally different thing to, “is it legally parked”? of coarse you being a driver your self, you should be able to answer that question!
the fact the vehicle is not displaying a disc means nothing, an operator can run a replacement or hire vehicle for upto twenty eight days without requireing a change of vehicle on his o’license and at present if it’s a foreign registered vehicle run by a company not based in the uk it dosn’t require an o’license at all.
i would sugest that if your aim is to grass somebody for running ilegally then you should be very clear of the facts before you start making calls.

should be parked"

Ok i’ll make it easier for you to understand.1st i never said it was a truck,2nd legally parked,well he makes life very awkward for the other resident’s in the street,if emergency services had to get down the street they’d have to bump it out the way to get past.( also it’s half on rd,half on pavement making pedestrians cross the rd to get up past it.( especially with prams etc).Also making it dangerous for young kids playing in the street,can’t see down the rd b4 they cross,(we all know the danger’s of kid’s coming out from behind parked vehicle’s don’t we :wink: )

the fact the vehicle is not displaying a disc means nothing,

I know that Paul The guy that drive’s it has had this new van for the best part of 4month’s now,yet still no operator’s licence :confused: He work’s for a small firm deliverinf fresh produce,and has been taken over by one of the largest company’s in that line of work,surely they would run legal. :question:

at present if it’s a foreign registered vehicle run by a company not based in the uk it dosn’t require an o’license at all.

UK registered and uk based

i would sugest that if your aim is to grass somebody for running ilegally then you should be very clear of the facts before you start making calls.

I only asked where i could check out an operator’s licence out of curiosity,never said that i was going to grass someone up,plus he ain’t an owner driver Paul.I ain’t the grassen type m8,so don’t worry. :wink:

i’m not worried about anybody! :wink:
so this fella parks his van outside his house, do you know if the vans above 3.5t so requires an o’license? it would seem no disc = no o’license, theres a hell of alot of lads who run vans that require at least a restricted license but they also require you to fill out and sign a decleration at the test center stating the use of the vehicle is o’license exempt, to me thats like putting a noose round your own neck!
if your really bothered you can ring the area traffic office and give them the vehicle reg and they can tell you what it’s status is but how you can ask such questions without causing the bloke some greif, i don’t know, it’s not the way i’d go about things but that’s upto you.

Paul do me a favour,stop trying to make this out to be some witch hunt. I ask a simple question and you blow it out of all poportion.I’LL tell you what Paul,i won’t ask anymore questions like this,as if it’s the third degree i’m gonna get from you for asking a simple question,then i’ll not bother any more.

kitkat:
Paul do me a favour,stop trying to make this out to be some witch hunt. I ask a simple question and you blow it out of all poportion.I’LL tell you what Paul,i won’t ask anymore questions like this,as if it’s the third degree i’m gonna get from you for asking a simple question,then i’ll not bother any more.

here here…

carry on jim, i,d be asking the same questions if something similar affected me… :wink:

‘O’ licence aside, which if it was under 3.5 t it wouldn’t need anyway, any vehicle over 1525 kgs unladen weight (not GVW) must have it’s lights on when parked at night on a road. In reality they never do, so I suppose this could be one way of getting it moved (?)

kitkat:

i appoligise, maybe i was a bit over the top but i have tried to answer the original question. to be honest thats how the job gets yer, your under constant suspicion from everybody, even people you’ve never met or know anything about the wagon you run or the work you do, will openly accuse you of running bent! why i’m not sure but theres a lot of jealouse people about some of whom would go out of their way to try and drop you in the ■■■■ even though they’ve got no reason to think your not 100% legit. i’m not saying for one moment that this is the case with you and the van man.
paul.