Operator Licence Form

A quistion to any of the operators out there who started from scratch. On the operator licence application there is a section which requires the wagon make, regestration and specs.
Does this require the wagon to be bought or leased before the operator licence is applied for so the relevant details can be filled in.
:confused:

brian kemp:
A quistion to any of the operators out there who started from scratch. On the operator licence application there is a section which requires the wagon make, regestration and specs.
Does this require the wagon to be bought or leased before the operator licence is applied for so the relevant details can be filled in.
:confused:

Definately not. To buy the lorry first is asking for trouble especially if you are in any doubt as to whether you will be granted a licence.

I seem to remember that there was a warning against exactly this.

So this section can be left blank when appling. I take this goes for the section on trailers as well. :slight_smile:

If you are buying the truck on finance, you will not get the finance company to lend you money until the operators licence application has been approved.

leave the details section blank, but you must fill the section where it asks how many of each type of vehicle, the specific details can be sent later when you know what you afre buying.

Someone posted a comment a while back talking about operating centres. He had said that you can approach larger haulage companys on the possibility of renting yard space from them and using that as a operating centre. I would like to know what the the owner drivers with just a single unit do for an operating centre. There is a OD a couple of streets along from me he normally has the wagon at the bottom of his street when he’s home.

brian kemp:
There is a OD a couple of streets along from me he normally has the wagon at the bottom of his street when he’s home.

He will also have a proper operating centre down on his o licence, which is where he’s supposed to keep his wagon, but he’s obviously too lazy to take it there so he just parks it on the street near his house. If VOSA find out he’s regularly keeping it there then he’ll be in the ■■■.

Paul

i,m lucky the customer i work for lets me use them as operating centre