Oh i missed it!

Just wanted to say that i worked this weekend out of Gloucester and boy have i missed driving… had a nice trip upto Doncaster in a double decker, experience in half in the wind (had never driven one before either so white knuckles for a good stretch of the m5). Sunday was local, oxford and didcot…, still it’s driving and still it’s money coming through the door.

I really cannot see myself going back into an office job ever again…

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Nice one tiggz :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

cheers
STEVE.

Why take a job in an office in the first place if you where a real driver,was it your idea to get into driving in the first place ,if so after a while you must or learned about “the office”.

Erm…did she say anything about it being a traffic office? Have I missed something here? :confused:

And, not being funny, but even if it was…what if she had seen first-hand the way drivers were often treated and thought she could do better? I’m definately a “real” driver - hell, I’m daft enough to still be doing the out-all-week tramping bit! :blush: - but one of the reasons I’ve got a CPC is with a view to going in the office when I’m no longer fit to drive… :wink:

froggy:
Why take a job in an office in the first place if you where a real driver,was it your idea to get into driving in the first place ,if so after a while you must or learned about “the office”.

Sometimes taking a break makes you realise why you did the job in the first place and you can return with renewed vigor.

bit harsh wasnt it froggy? i dont think she meant to offend anyone :open_mouth: :wink:

no offence took ,just seen to many ex drivers go in to the trans office and they change real fast,one of the last jobs I did 2 drivers went in(and there have been a few before that)the trans office, first thing overtime cut, start times changed ,drivers leaving and the job cost a lot more to get done due to employing agency drivers and alot more time for the trucks off the road,and the ex drivers more stressed and no one talking to them.

froggy:
no offence took ,just seen to many ex drivers go in to the trans office and they change real fast,one of the last jobs I did 2 drivers went in(and there have been a few before that)the trans office, first thing overtime cut, start times changed ,drivers leaving and the job cost a lot more to get done due to employing agency drivers and alot more time for the trucks off the road,and the ex drivers more stressed and no one talking to them.

:laughing: Froggy no offence was taken and me thinks you’ve got the wrong end of the stick as to what i mean by “the office”. …

My office job is/was nothing to do with the transport industry. I’ve wanted to be a truck driver for as long as i can remember and yeah i finally realised that sitting in an office 9-5 wasn’t for me, management chewing my ■■■■ and deadlines and reports and all the rest of it. So i went and got my license and now i’m earning the money back and more. I would love to class myself now as a “real driver” as you put it. I enjoy it, i wake up smiling because i’m going to work and i’m smiling when i come home, even if it is 5am in the morning, i’m still smiling.

The avenue of sitting in a transport office isn’t really appealing to me at the moment, i wanna be on the road and doing the job i’ve always wanted to do.

Hope this kinda clears this up :wink: :slight_smile:

Marie

yeah,seem to have got hold of the wrong end ,been driving over 20years and seen all sorts of things going on in transport offices and as you might guess don`t much care for paper tigers,one thing though would love to hear from you in a few years time and see if your still smiling,regards froggy.

tiggz:
…I enjoy it, i wake up smiling because i’m going to work and i’m smiling when i come home, even if it is 5am in the morning, i’m still smiling.

Clearly never been to tip or load anywhere with the words “Logistics” or “Distribution Centre” in their title then…

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiling_imp: :stuck_out_tongue:

:sunglasses:

hey rob, i’ve spent the hours upon hours sitting in dc’s waiting to be tipped, doesn’t bother me, at the end of the day it’s par and par of the job. yeah sure can be driving for three hours and then sat around waiting for 6 hours like at tesco’s hinkley on a saturday afternoon… smiles

As long as i’m getting paid and i’m doing the job right i really don’t mind.

smiles ■■
:wink:

Tesco’s Hinckley is ace. Was in there this morning at 0830. Tipped & turned in 20 mins included notes. You lot all want to get off ambient. Tesco’s will become your favourite place to go :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i couldn’t agree more, tesco’s is a wicked place to deliver too, whether you waiting for hours or turned around in a matter of minutes… who’se complaining here■■? laffs :stuck_out_tongue:

I did a friday night out for Danepak a couple of years ago, drop one Somerfields, (I think) on the old Truck Inn site, Huntingdon, out about half an hour before I was due in. Drop two Tesco’s at Harlow in & out in half hour. Drop three Tesco’s again, this time Snodland, straight in & out again. Drop three was Asda at Europort & then back to Thetford, arriving shortly after my Book in time at Asda’s.
I was told friday nights are normally quicker as the warehouse staff get to go home early if they finish early.