O Licence - sole Trader

Not sure if this has been answered before but I was wondering on the following:

If u ■■■■■■ trader and thinking of going LTD can you:

1. Keep the O licence as is i.e in ur name

if not Y not ?

1. do You have to put the O licence in the LTD Co’s name
    Does that mean you have to go thru the whole process again ? 6 weeks / 3 months bank statements etc ?

2. Can you have the following scenario:

Joe Bloggs Ltd Trading as Joe Bloggs Transport on the licence

does this mean

the O licence is in / belongs to the LTD but you are trading as really a Sole Trader, ie Joe Bloggs Transport and all you accounts r under Joe Bloggs Transport

Can you have :

Joe smith trading as Joe smith Ltd ?

O licence is in Joe smiths name but you have set up a Ltd Co called Jo Smith Ltd and you are trading under the LTD name?

Im sure there have been cases where a Company has gone but as the O licence is not in that Companies name they have kept it or am i completely wrong ?

Just need a little clarification from the experts

cheers

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … light=sole :smiley:

The CRAP search facility revealed this :laughing:

Thanks, sorry must have missed it,

Doesnt answer my questions tho:

If u go Ltd and the O licence is in the LTD name, can you have the following scenario :

Joe Bloggs Ltd trading as Joe Bloggs Transport
Or

Joe Blogss trading as Joe Bloggs Ltd, the previous thread doesnt say :unamused: :confused:

I dont see why you cant have the o licence under your name as trade as a Ltd Company, I also fail to see if your business goes pop thru no fault of your own Y that shud jeopardise your licence.

:open_mouth: I would guess that the business is the licence and vice versa. If you go pop then you have no money and therefore no required financial resources as per your licence requirements :cry:

If you go Ltd you have to apply for an O Licence as a Ltd company - I know people who have had to do it !