Now this IS a nice piece of kit

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-KW- … |72%3A2148

I don’t think I need to say anymore - apart from that there must be a hell of a lot of money in recovery :slight_smile:

A 475hp Day cab? No thanks, I would rather have one of M8 Recoverys Trucks.

There are a few similar [Kenworth T800 with NRC sliding rotator cranes] working in the UK.

You dont see many poor wreckers going about thats for sure… All usually top of teh range. Theres a firm in Glasgow called 911 who go to Truckshow evcery year and parade with a Lamborghini on the back, guess its the bosses car.

it’s not as easy as it looks.
i’ve had my 25 year old truck for 4 years and i’m not planning on upgrading it anytime soon. :smiley:
you’ll never have a kenworth without a good police contract to subsidise it and straight tows pay about the same as carrying goods on a trailer.
madness really but this game has always been the same.

As Wrecktech said, for every big shiny Rotator that goes out a few times a month to rollovers and bigger jobs theres usually a few less glam underlifts that are out every day [or night] doing the straight lift and tows.

I believe a few years ago when those Kenworth NRC’s started to be imported it was cheaper to buy one like that than have the crane on a new Euro chassis of similar spec. Great advertising tool too.

you need one to get in the ‘golden hook brigade’. :open_mouth: :laughing:

wrecktech100:
you need one to get in the ‘golden hook brigade’. :open_mouth: :laughing:

Looking at your wee pic your motor looks like a 4 wheeler…what’s the axle weight like when you lift and tow a fully loaded 44 tonner?

i’ve never lifted a 44 ton outfit.
the rules are pretty complex.
but 4 wheelers lift the best. :wink: