A Neat Bit of Kit

youtube.com/watch?v=cCJxGProcNQ

Make sure you watch it all, and see it being driven in a figure 8.

Dieseldog66:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCJxGProcNQ

Make sure you watch it all, and see it being driven in a figure 8.

Yep just the job for the A68 around Jedburgh with a load of dougie fir on :grimacing:

as you say though a nice piece of kit ,what would something like that cost then?

I’ve no idea, I just came across it and thought very clever!!

Thats quite clever that , its kind of a mix between the old cable lift system and bighook system but its powered .

I bet its quite heavy though .

Grosses at just over 80 tonnes.

Certainly some thought gone into that and a very neat bit of engineering. Will save loads in tyre wear and fuel drag running back 1000’s of miles empty.

Can the driver check his own lights from the cab? :laughing:

(I’ve swum with wild dolphins where that truck is based :smiley: )

That has the potential to kill a lot of cyclists :exclamation: :wink:

Excuse me driver, you have just reversed over my car!

I haven’t moved. I have been sat here 15 minutes :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

ThrustMaster:
That has the potential to kill a lot of cyclists :exclamation: :wink:

There is always a bonus for clever engineering :wink:

proper bit of kit

Now that is my definition of cool.

Will it still work in a couple of years though? Could be a major ball ache down the line.

A really amazing bit of engineering. Looks like it’s been designed by a truck driver with a degree in engineering. I’d like to see if it still works as smoothly after five or six years of ice & snow and being clouted by thousands of trees. Judging by the movement of the strakes, it seems like they are air operated with the main mount/demount being hydraulic. Looking forward to seeing one off-loading at Chirk!

A fantastically engineered piece of kit but how well will it operate after a few years of abuse. Logging is real hard on the kit and I wonder how some parts of the hydraulic systems will stand up. Sometimes simple is best.

Also im not sure if it would be relevant in a logging environment but you do loose a large amount of deck length on trailers 1 and 2 compared to a dolly set up.

Cheers
Neilf