Now I know why some drivers hate Lidl's

I just do not know how they get away with it, surely there must be H&S considerations when untrained drivers are expected to use powered equipment. Where would you stand if you either had or caused an accident or damaged some equipment.

Still I suppose it’s a case of " why employ staff when the stupid driver will unload himself ".

The H&S issue is covered by the simple fact that when you sign in, you sign whether you need training on their equipment or not… did you see and do this?

i dont mind tipping the load as i know it wont take long to do it, i hate waiting around for some snotty fork driver who cannot be bothered most of the time to do anything to tell me it will be a few hours or worst told to … off
(which happened to me just last week, this h/s is a good thing but its getting out of hand… just get on and do the job . is my attitude
p.s not all fork drivers are snotty :laughing: :laughing:

In times past when I have tipped there the ‘decision’ was do I admit to not being trained on the powered pallet truck and try and drag X amount of pallets of cans, bottles, tinned food, washing powder, etc by hand or say that I was trained and choose the easy option. :question:

Mmmm, easy answer. :wink:
[/quote]

At least when I used to tip at Lidl you could be guaranteed that there would be usable pallet trucks to use (unlike Netto’s :angry: ). Plus, as said above, you can get on with the unloading and onto next job without having to wait for someone to tip you, great when paid mileage when on containers :wink:

marcustandy:
In times past when I have tipped there the ‘decision’ was do I admit to not being trained on the powered pallet truck and try and drag X amount of pallets of cans, bottles, tinned food, washing powder, etc by hand or say that I was trained and choose the easy option. :question:

Mmmm, easy answer. :wink:

[/quote]

Was signing at Netto one day last week when stood in the que the guy in front of me is being told that it was a self tip site and that he could have an electric hand truck to tip with.

Driver"I aint trained to use one sweatheart he tells the pretty young thing on the desk while he turns round to wink at me obviously thinking someone would do it for him."

PRETTTY GIRL"No problem you can have a hand pallet truck"

Well the luck on his face was a picture as we were walking down the warehouse.

DRIVER TO ME “how many pallets you git to tip and what is it”

ME"three pallets bog rolls …what about you?"

DRIVER"26 Pallets coca cola pets" :frowning:

Sometimes its best to keep stum eh :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

gotta agree with all the above …except to say …drivers are to blame for doing it…remember the old saying …you only get caught once …so i told my boss …dont give me lidl again …cos i wont be doing it…or whatever other company has ■■■■ work…Magor brewery…beer from belgium in Container Taughtliners …over weight…by 3 ton…so thats another job i wont be doing…eventually the boss will run out of jobs to give me…but these jobs are only for when i have no tank work …but maybe…if enough drivers complain …they will have problems getting their goods…although as they say …theres another mug behind…