Not so lucky eddie

Taken from edinburgh evening news website has a picture in paper

Roads closed as lorry stuck under bridge

« Previous « PreviousNext » Next »View GalleryPublished Date: 26 March 2010
A TRUCK caused traffic chaos when it became stuck under a low bridge at Cameron Toll.
The Eddie Stobart lorry, believed to be carrying gardening supplies, became wedged under the railway bridge at Old Dalkeith Road at around 1pm yesterday.

Police closed roads while breakdown workers managed to free the lorry. Network Rail engineers also checked the bridge for structural damage.

Police said they diverted traffic away from the scene, and fortunately no one was injured. The road was reopened at 3:20pm.

Thats a charge of Careless Driving that is, 5 points and a nice fine, well was for a driver recently who got stuck under the Dunragit Bridge. But hey no-doubt Steady Eddie will get the best manonto the job and the ■■■■ will get off with it.

scottishcruiser:
Thats a charge of Careless Driving that is, 5 points and a nice fine, well was for a driver recently who got stuck under the Dunragit Bridge. But hey no-doubt Steady Eddie will get the best manonto the job and the [zb] will get off with it.

i’d blame the rail company. my statement would be as follows.

“i was proceeding in an orderly manner, in an easterly direction, when the bridge came crashing down upon my trailer. it is my belief that the train that was crossing the bridge was clearly overloaded, it had irish plates, it was carrying hanging meat, with steel on the floor, and his limiter wasn’t working.”

i’d blame the rail company. my statement would be as follows.

“i was proceeding in an orderly manner, in an easterly direction, when the bridge came crashing down upon my trailer. it is my belief that the train that was crossing the bridge was clearly overloaded, it had irish plates, it was carrying hanging meat, with steel on the floor, and his limiter wasn’t working.”

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

that bridge is signposted well enough before hand, plus he could have easily turned off before the bridge and went the other way.

mind you stobbies must just employ anyone these days.

Pobably just following his “Prat-nav” :unamused:

is this bridge on street view :question:

Cruise Control:
is this bridge on street view :question:

is it this one

maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Cameron … s3P_w&sa=X

can’t see any markings on the bridge but there is this on the approach :wink:

the bridge is sign posted at 14’9" used to have height indicators on the run up to the bridge,as they were always broken they were taken out of action,if you look at the sign on peffermill road you can see the bridge heights.