Eddies finest hits a bridge

Afternoon all.
It seems one of stobarts finest hit a bridge on Saturday afternoon, by the look of the pic he hit the railway bridge from Lichfield to the A38/A5 Wall island on Birmingham road. Said bridge has height warnings on both ends of the road and marked well enough on the bridge aswell.
The story is in todays walsall Express and Star paper but am stuck on my phone atm :blush:
The rozzers said “he hit it with some force to end up on the opposite side of the road nearly crushing an oncoming car”.

He had got out the cab before the rozzers turned up…Agency by any chance? He prob thought how dare that bridge not move out of my way :grimacing:

Jeff.

Can’t really blame the driver,if the bridge wasn’t there it wouldn’t of got hit would it…clearly the bridges fault.

Pics or it didn’t happen.

Daytrunker:
He had got out the cab before the rozzers turned up…Agency by any chance? .

Why, would an employed driver have stayed in the seat. Hate to break it to you but the first reaction when you’ve had an accident is to get out!

Radar19:

Well it did happen… on the 3rd Dec !

:question: There is a Meter space to the Bridge on the Photo.
So not the Drivers Fault.

Isn’t that bridge 13’3 ? I know the trl is 15’3.

Wouldie:
Isn’t that bridge 13’3 ? I know the trl is 15’3.

If its the bridge I am thinking of then it is 15 ft

Daytrunker:
Afternoon all.
It seems one of stobarts finest hit a bridge on Saturday afternoon, by the look of the pic he hit the railway bridge from Lichfield to the A38/A5 Wall island on Birmingham road. Said bridge has height warnings on both ends of the road and marked well enough on the bridge aswell.
The story is in todays walsall Express and Star paper but am stuck on my phone atm :blush:
The rozzers said “he hit it with some force to end up on the opposite side of the road nearly crushing an oncoming car”.

He had got out the cab before the rozzers turned up…Agency by any chance? He prob thought how dare that bridge not move out of my way :grimacing:

Jeff.

, Worked at a firm a few years ago and 2 " Full Time Drivers " both hit a bridge with deckers and this was en route to a regular garage for servicing , in other words not just agency drivers make mistakes . :unamused:

Colingl:

Radar19:

It was in today’s Express and Star which said it happened last Saturday 3rd January.

Colingl:

Radar19:

:laughing: :laughing:

I think he tried to tackle the bridge :slight_smile:

I can see now why he didn’t fancy sitting in the cab, agency or employed

Is this the one that rolled over with the cab ending up under the bridge?

You guys just dont think things through.The driver agency,Polish or otherwise has thoughtfuly put it on its side so that it would fit.There is a logical reason for most things in life. :stuck_out_tongue:

The vehicle started listing and the driver tried to get to the bank to save the vehicle and the load. well other pilots use that story and get hailed a hero

Cheers Darren

alamcculloch:
You guys just dont think things through.The driver agency,Polish or otherwise has thoughtfuly put it on its side so that it would fit.There is a logical reason for most things in life. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol

whats the betting that he was checking out the cleavage on the billboard birds baps? :confused:

It can happen to anyone. I remember while temping at a well known kitchen manufacturer, the depot trainer who we’ll call… George, who works for a logistics firm…Wincanton for the sake of the story, hit a low bridge very hard, that one in Hull. A double Decker he had. It was ever going through that bridge.
Now gentlemen, the difference between Agency and employed drivers is…George still works there and never got into any trouble. He just had to suffer the embarrassment and ■■■■■■■■■
An agency driver would be invited to seek employment elsewhere.Pronto!

alamcculloch:

See? Stobarts drivers ARE the kings of the road. They can get a wagon ANYWHERE! Lol