Eddies finest hits a bridge

reported here

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=120584

What happens to the driver in situations like this?

I ask from a position of complete ignorance of course… :unamused:

Winseer:

Probably will get taken on at my place if the most recent crop are anything to go by.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously though, I can’t imagine the savings of employing people on sub-standard wages is going to be enough to pay for not only the damage, but those expensive “engineer’s reports” that have to be filed before the bridge can be used again - not to mention any increase in insurance premiums for the yard, assuming they actually bother with insurances?

VOLSCADAF:
2 " Full Time Drivers " both hit a bridge with deckers and this was en route to a regular garage for servicing , in other words not just agency drivers make mistakes.

Nah sorry chap, I dont belive you…

You got any pics to prove this?

No pics, it didn’t happen!

:wink:

Winseer:

The rozzers turn up and do you for driving without due care. 3 points and £100 fixed penalty, yep, the same as you would get for the heanous crime of 35 in a 30.

That is of course if the driver accepts the fixed penalty or passes the attitude test. It could be much worse at a magistrates court.

If they went for Dangerous Driving (if others were injured or killed), a 12 month ban is mandatory and a prison sentence is likely.

I fail to see weather if he was agency ,Polish,black,green pink this matters also weather his driving a green pink or blue lorry
Small minded people are v quick to jump on the agency band waggon I myself now am an agency driver after being an o/d for seven years and all this agency bashing is silly yes in a lot of circumstances agency’s may make small mistakes and take a little longer to complete a job as they are effectively new and learning the job an employed driver may have been doin for years
But on the other side of the coin I work in places where they wud rather have agency in there as the employed drivers are lazy unionised militant fools
If this bridge strike did happen hope the driver is ok and remember it can happen to anyone yes anyone we are humans not robots

monarch of the highway:
I fail to see weather if he was agency ,Polish,black,green pink this matters also weather his driving a green pink or blue lorry
Small minded people are v quick to jump on the agency band waggon I myself now am an agency driver after being an o/d for seven years and all this agency bashing is silly yes in a lot of circumstances agency’s may make small mistakes and take a little longer to complete a job as they are effectively new and learning the job an employed driver may have been doin for years
But on the other side of the coin I work in places where they wud rather have agency in there as the employed drivers are lazy unionised militant fools
If this bridge strike did happen hope the driver is ok and remember it can happen to anyone yes anyone we are humans not robots

Don’t take it too seriously, 99% of the agency bashing is done very much “tongue in cheek” :wink:

Big Roy:

monarch of the highway:

Don’t take it too seriously, 99% of the agency bashing is done very much “tongue in cheek” :wink:

Yep,I concure. I am easily wound up (some of my older posts will confirm that!) and even I take the agency bashing in good spirit.
Its because full time drivers couldn’t cope as an agency worker they feel the need to try and justify their own full time status by bashing the guys who earn more per hour,work when they choose,can take days off whenever they feel like it without having to go cap in hand to some ■■■■ behind a desk and can stop working for a certain employer if they dont like the attitude of said company. They couldn’t handle being simply given a set of keys and paperwork and having to figure it out themselves as asking someone results in sighs and “typical agency” mutterings. They need led by the hand.
Its not their fault. Just take it on the chin and let them comment. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
:laughing:

canofworms.gif

I thought we lost our AAA rating last year, thanks to Osbourne’s “Economics for Dummies” policies…

Economics for Dummies.jpg

The-Snowman:
canofworms.gif

I doubt you’ll get a bite from a proper employable driver. You’ve just wasted a can of worms. :wink:

Contraflow:

The-Snowman:
canofworms.gif

I doubt you’ll get a bite from a proper employable driver. You’ve just wasted a can of worms. :wink:

Not looking for bites. Its coz im right there will be no arguments… :smiley:

The-Snowman:

Contraflow:

The-Snowman:
canofworms.gif

Fair play being agency been there done that now being full time my choice to take it, yes you can take days off when you want etc But im sure the smug grin dissappears when agency get binned off when it goes quiet and I’ll take being paid holidays and sick pay being guaranteed wages every week without wondering if you have a days work, will stick to deciding how much overtime I fancy doing this week.

Winseer:

suspended then brought back on work where you use basiclly the same height tri every day,thats what has happened too the driver I know who recently hit a bridge ,his excuse was HE THOUGHT IT WOULD GO ,whether he said that at disciplinary meeting I’ve no idea

The-Snowman:

Big Roy:

monarch of the highway:

Yep,I concure. I am easily wound up (some of my older posts will confirm that!) and even I take the agency bashing in good spirit.
Its because full time drivers couldn’t cope as an agency worker they feel the need to try and justify their own full time status by bashing the guys who earn more per hour,work when they choose,can take days off whenever they feel like it without having to go cap in hand to some [zb] behind a desk and can stop working for a certain employer if they dont like the attitude of said company. They couldn’t handle being simply given a set of keys and paperwork and having to figure it out themselves as asking someone results in sighs and “typical agency” mutterings. They need led by the hand.
Its not their fault. Just take it on the chin and let them comment. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
:laughing:

+1 :smiley:

Daytrunker:

The-Snowman:

Contraflow:

The-Snowman:
canofworms.gif

Fair play being agency been there done that now being full time my choice to take it, yes you can take days off when you want etc But im sure the smug grin dissappears when agency get binned off when it goes quiet and I’ll take being paid holidays and sick pay being guaranteed wages every week without wondering if you have a days work, will stick to deciding how much overtime I fancy doing this week.

Ive been offered loads of full time jobs now for the company’s i work for through agency’s, but i choose not to only due to the fact i sometimes want to work weekends or 5 days or 4 days, it just suits me working this way, you can work 4 days and get 600.00 i also use two Agency’s and tell them to book me or risk losing me. its not like the old days one of our lads car broke down the agency paid for a taxi from Blackpool to st helens return for a week. plenty of work on the Agencys. when i have worked for a company they max out your hours every week and your lucky to take 400 home thanks but no thanks.

Had one of Eddies run in the front of a dock tug the other night.
Crap Scania wont start after tipping on a bay.Gets a chain and pulls him to jump start the bloody thing,silly bugger keeps going and runs into the front of the tug.(he did apologise in polish however)
Well I think he apologised I will never know!God bless him

Spot the difference…

over.jpg

Image2.jpg

Yes it did happen twice, on 3rd December and 3rd Jan.

Cosmic:
Spot the difference…

Yes it did happen twice, on 3rd December and 3rd Jan.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

The billboard has changed.

What do I win?