Not a bridge this time!

would you follow your at sat nav when there’s a bypass.

cambstimes.co.uk/news/lorry- … -1-5172589

Yet another driver blindly following a sat nav without paying the slightest bit of attention to the road signs clearly marking the height restrictions.

No wonder joe public hold us in such high regard

That weighbridge sounds a bit like trigs broom, know as historic but its been hit 4times, so obviously had pieces replaced. Still none the less, should of followed the bypass, if its suitable :wink:

makes a change from an Archbold trailer being stuck under the A5 bridge at Hinckley

I bet the drivers who hit it miss that road sign, but then because there isn’t a big yellow and black line and height markings actually on the structure, which would spoil its appearance somewhat, they think nothing of it until they hit it.

I have a feeling from the article that the other one might be in Woodbridge.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

carryfast-yeti:
makes a change from an Archbold trailer being stuck under the A5 bridge at Hinckley

Yep.

El Deano:
I have a feeling from the article that the other one might be in Woodbridge.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Could be right there as it’s mentioned at least 2 or 3 times :unamused: :laughing:

The article said that there was no sign for height restrictions from one direction, so it doesn’t surprise me.

This wouldn’t haven’t have happened with copilot truck :wink:

jbaz73:
The article said that there was no sign for height restrictions from one direction, so it doesn’t surprise me.

Whoever put the signs up probably assumed that coming from the other direction, trucks would be on the other side of the road and unaffected (unless overtaking something, a possibility which should have been thought of)

Maybe a road in the 21st century should be fit for 21st century traffic? Unless the good burghers of Soham are happy to shift all their ■■■■ on oxen carts…

jbaz73:

Unfortunately they came the other direction.

Parked on double yellows too…

jbaz73:

Never a truer word spoken or written.

UKtramp:

jbaz73:

Yes, it should be a mandatory fitment. Only this week every truck in this country hit a low bridge or historic keepsake, for not having a fancy machine telling the driver where to go.

the nodding donkey:

UKtramp:

jbaz73:

Yes, it should be a mandatory fitment. Only this week every truck in this country hit a low bridge or historic keepsake, for not having a fancy machine telling the driver where to go.

Let me guess your advice donkey, “ignore the warning signs” ?

If a driver can’t see, understand, or ignores, a sign as blatantly obvious as that, he’ll probably not know how to work a sat nav anyway…

He certainly won’t be sharp enough to drop the Scanny mid lift axle thereby lowering the front of the trailer by around 3" :bulb:

Hi viz perma wearer, blootooth welded to lug 'ole, agency, johnny foreigner, take your pick.

Juddian:
He certainly won’t be sharp enough to drop the Scanny mid lift axle thereby lowering the front of the trailer by around 3" :bulb:

Hi viz perma wearer, blootooth welded to lug 'ole, agency, johnny foreigner, take your pick.

English, near retirement, doesn’t need a bloody satnav, done the job since before you where born…

Yee haa. Here comes another professional LGV driver…