Whoops

another that doesn’t know there vehicle height or cant read signs

There’s a bridge on dale end in Birmingham, by the theory test centre. That’s a regular favourite to get struck.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Must have hit the roof fairing of the unit too I’d guess. Agency muppet no doubt. :smiley:

Stobrats driver doing a agency shift for someone else…undercover bridge bashing.

Banbridge town centre Co.Down and that is 11’ 8" and has a looooooong “chute” down into it.
Even if never been there before your either blind or EXTREMELY stupid!!!

5th truck strike there 2017!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

xichrisxi:
Stobrats driver doing a agency shift for someone else…undercover bridge bashing.

Can’t be Stobrats they usually get their trailers at least halfway through, this muppet didn’t even get level with his fifth wheel. 2/10 for effort. Agency that isn’t even good enough for Stobrats.

That wasn’t even close FFS. :open_mouth:

Everyone makes mistakes only takes a moments distraction, inattention. Wouldn’t gloat myself, might come back and bite you in the bum. Did my embarrassing mess up in the 1990’s, hope it does not happen again. No I did not hit a bridge, I did a u turn and bogged the tractor unit down blocking a main road in Saffron Weldon, 2 weeks suspension from work, £165 fine and 3 points. Sorry Mr Brady.

Wedging an artic under an 11’ 6 bridge isn’t a mistake - it’s the height of ■■■■■■■ stupidity (No pun intended).

A mistake in this case would have been not paying attention to the road signs further up the road or God forbid plan your route first, then realising you are over the height that is marked on the bridge and stopping before you hit the thing. Then having to get recovered or having the coppers close the road whilst you reverse out - that would be a mistake.

Yes we all make mistakes, we all get lost now and again, we don’t drive into flammin bridges - and anyone who does so should have their hgv entitlement removed from their licence forever.

paul1181:
Wedging an artic under an 11’ 6 bridge isn’t a mistake - it’s the height of [zb] stupidity (No pun intended).

Good one…

I have to agree, the ‘mistake’ was not stopping before the bridge. A bridge so low, that the sharp decrease in light entering the cab should have been a clue.

The only excuse for any incident of hitting a low bridge is stupidity, poor driving skills, not reading the road signs. Some will no doubt say it’s through following a satnav. The Satnav is not there to replace your eyes, even if it routed you towards a low bridge you still have no excuse to hit it. I can honestly say I have myself in the past routed towards a low bridge but have never entered one or not known it was there. It is ridiculous to be in this position. Take his licence he has no place to be sat in a vehicle larger than a car.

Just goes to prove how effective the driver CPC is…
Bet he/she has all their cpc’s up to date and is still classed as a “professional driver” :open_mouth:
And no,that is not a mistake it is gross negligence on the drivers part,taking a wrong turn and ending up having to reverse back from the bridge is a mistake,this is stupidity at its finest…

UKtramp:
The only excuse for any incident of hitting a low bridge is stupidity, poor driving skills, not reading the road signs. Some will no doubt say it’s through following a satnav. The Satnav is not there to replace your eyes, even if it routed you towards a low bridge you still have no excuse to hit it. I can honestly say I have myself in the past routed towards a low bridge but have never entered one or not known it was there. It is ridiculous to be in this position. Take his licence he has no place to be sat in a vehicle larger than a car.

You beat me to it!
Well said :slight_smile: