Norfolkline (DFDS) Birkenhead

I’ve never been on the Birkenhead to Belfast/Dublin sailing before and due to go on it next Sunday night. One question - do you get your own cabin or do you have to share with another person? Cheers

Never used that route, always shipped out of Fleetwood. No chance of a single-dingle, you will be sharing. Cabins can’t normally be locked so best keep anything of value in the cab or on you. Enjoy.

usually shared.

motorway-madness:
I’ve never been on the Birkenhead to Belfast/Dublin sailing before and due to go on it next Sunday night. One question - do you get your own cabin or do you have to share with another person? Cheers

You may not get any if a volcano erupts!

I’ve been on the overnight ferry from Birkenhead to Belfast once about a year ago. It depends on how many are travelling as to whether you’ll be lucky enough to get a cabin to yourself.

When I went the ferry was full of football fans going back to Ireland so had no chance of a cabin to myself. The advice I would give is partner up with another driver rather than ending up sharing with a member of Joe Public. At least with another driver you know he not going to spend all night in the bar getting drunk and rowdy then falling all over the cabin at stupid hours in the morning :imp:

I’m just a lowley bottom of the food chain van driver, and it was the first time I had travelled on a ferry. Fortunatly though a very nice truck driver seeing my confusion, took me under his wing and I ended up sharing a cabin with him (Stop sniggering and don’t be rude :open_mouth: ) . And he showed me where to sign in and get cabin keys from and where the drivers restaurant was.