Stena Line Cabin

Does anyone know if i’ll get a cabin on the 8.30pm sailing on Stena Line :question:

This is the Holyhead to Dublin route

No they will just lash you to the weather deck.

zippo:
No they will just lash you to the weather deck.

:grimacing:

Yes, normally shared with 3 other drivers on 2 bunk beds

Yes you’ll get a cabin. Sometimes you get lucky and get it to yourself. I was on it last week. The only time my fellow room-mate used the cabin was for a dump. Dirty ■■■■■■■■ :imp:

2 (sets of) bunks I hope, thanks for your help, I’m new to the ferries as you may have guessed

Yes. And only 2 berth cabins on the Nordica so will only gave one snoring lump to contend with

u would be better of staying in your lorry. no worrys about sharing a cabin with anyone plus u will get more sleep.

I’ve done Heysham - Belfast a few times. Usually have the cabin to yourself on the outward journey, but end up sharing on the return leg. Decent grub for tea and a free beer. :smiley:

milkchurns:
u would be better of staying in your lorry. no worrys about sharing a cabin with anyone plus u will get more sleep.

You can’t do that anymore can you?

FarnboroughBoy11:

milkchurns:

You can’t do that anymore can you?

No. Drivers aren’t allowed on deck once the ship has set sail. The hatches are locked. Also no mobile reception once at sea. You can pick up a signal from Manx telecom halfway across.

You can do what you want as long as they don’t catch you. Many drivers stay in truck on Holyhead Dublin. Also all the boats have mobile networks now, and charge over a pound a minute for the honour.

switchlogic:
You can do what you want as long as they don’t catch you. Many drivers stay in truck on Holyhead Dublin. Also all the boats have mobile networks now, and charge over a pound a minute for the honour.

Which most people don’t find out until the phone bill comes through…

SeaTruck’s not bad between Liverpool and Dublin. Only about 10 other drivers on it the last time, plenty of decent food cooked for you, larger 2berth cabins and you’re not sat waiting around for ages to get off the thing when your docked.

agl:
Does anyone know if i’ll get a cabin on the 8.30pm sailing on Stena Line :question:

You will get a cabin on this good set of lads working on this

truckerger:

agl:

Just a shame the Stena Nordica has the worst food on the Irish sea!

switchlogic:

truckerger:

agl:

Just a shame the Stena Nordica has the worst food on the Irish sea!

It used to be good getting on the Stena years ago when you could buy duty free :wink:

Cheers for all the replies guys

Last time I did it the trip was only 3.5 hours so why the cabin ?

Pat Hasler:
Last time I did it the trip was only 3.5 hours so why the cabin ?

Surely you are well aware of the answer to that?